Stuck r27 or ag 200 cup

Hello everyone I've just signed up to site for some help and advice,I currently drive a clio 182 and am looking for change after Xmas don't get me wrong I love my 182 great handling and it still feels raw and is one of the best cars I've driven! But I want more I started off by wanting a r26 f1 team (megane) but my heart is with the clio still I then wanted a r27 clio but have recently fel in love with the alien green 200 cup!! What I want to know is what the right choice out of the two? Can u notice the extra tourqe of the 200? Over the r27? Mpg and running costs? Need some help of people who have driven or owned these great cars?! Thanks

:welcome: to the site dude.

I had a 197, and got rid of it for a 182. I have no regrets either, I adore the 182 so much, more than I loved the 197. The mpg is about 10 more on the 182.

If I had the money, I would get a 200, but for me I had no choice but to get rid of the 197, was costing too much lol.

Handling is better in the 197, and it feels more 'tank' like!!

Brilliant cars dude, whatever you get, you won't regret!

i'd recommend the r27; its got the recaros and cup chassis as standard with the added benefits of being available in liquid yellow, cruise control, auto lights,wipers and can be specced with xenons, climate control and electric folding mirrors.

if the ag 200 was ff, then flip a coin :tongueout:

I had an 197 f1 with all the spec bar climate control, now i have a ff 200 ag without recaros (personally there not all that)

to be honest i cant really notice the extra torque that much in the 200

I cannot vouch for the 200 cup as ive never drove one, id have to get the ff in any clio i bought,

i prefer my 200 over my 197f1 though

I would go for the R27 as it comes with everything. I'm a bit of a pain in the arse for things like push button start, AC etc. if you don't mind living without them things then get the 200;-)

I always wondered about sell on value in an AG as its not everyone's cup of tea.

Ash

Hey guys thanks for gettin back to me,I know such a hard choice I look at these constant everyday trying to decide,I love liquid yellow but the more I look at alien green I love! Push button start and all the extras I'd want on top of the cup chassis so it would have everything! But that would be at least another £2000 more than a r27 which has it all! I've drive the r27 but not a 200 as everyone says they never notice the 20% claimed extra tourqe off the 200! Both cars in my town r rare there is bitter of them cars here! Are the 200 a better boulders quality over 197 as someone told me they have Nissan parts as renault brought out Nissan?? Thanks for getting back to my guys really appreciate it considering I'm a 182 owner...(ATM)...

The 200 box is different to the 197, I believe it has shorter ratios which was what helped provide the 200 with the lower down grunt. The cup chasis on the 200 is also supposed to be more stiffer than the 197's cup chasis from what I read up when I was looking into the 197 and 200.
An R27 will have all the full fat spec so will benefit from more toys like cruise control, start button, aliminium sport pedals and most importently air conditioning with climate control. The cup cars have cheaper interiors and less spec to make them lighter so better for track but maybe not a great daily motor. Best thing to do would be to try get a Full Fat 200 with cup chasis and recaros which would give the best of both worlds, there is some bargains out there atm so it really is a buyers market.

Fuel consumption wise depending on how you drive and the sort of roads you use there not too bad with the worst mpg I ever achieved being 21mpg and the best being 34mpg but I have a heavy right foot :smile:

Yeah my 182 drinks fuel anyway it's been mapped and new exhaust and panel filter so mpg wouldn't bother me that much as my right foot is also a tad heavy :wink:!!! What did u got for in the end? The 200 will defo be a ful fat with it all I did look at liquid yellow 200 but as much as I love the color the alien green suits the front blade better in my opinon! The r27s are rare and I love the fact you get the plague inside also! So so hard to decide my missis is fed up with how much I talk about this! Also the cold start problem on the 197/r27 heard a remap sorts it? Swings and roundabouts with these 2 cars I love them both! Do r27 come standard with the cup spoiler?

no mk3 RS clios come with a spoiler as standard sadly :worried:

the 200 cup damers are 20% stiffer than the 197 iirc

the plague inside lol!? you hardly ever notice the plaque tbh, the recaro bolster hides it :wink: although ive got a sticker saying renautsport f1 team r27 #177/500 for my passanger recaro :smile: stole the idea from someone from here lol.

theres a cold start problem on the 197s? do you mean kangarooing? thats across the whole RS clio range, its to meet cold running emissions regs iirc.

Ah I see yeah thought so my 182 is funny when cold! So you reckon r27? Soon as I make up my mind ill post photos on here! Hard choice. Dose a remap do much for these cars?

Ah I see yeah thought so my 182 is funny when cold! So you reckon r27? Soon as I make up my mind ill post photos on here! Hard choice. Dose a remap do much for these cars?

definately :smile:

7817215598_746c924a69_z.jpg

10f94dea.jpg

7858243332_dd1305890b_z.jpg

and on its own, no, a remap wont do much. coupled with a panel filter, exhaust system and ported throttle body then you may see some gains and see it rev more freely

oh, how i want mine to look
r27s.jpg

That r27 looks lovely so so nice especially with that black bumper in the front!! Love the 182 also but that's where it all started for me! That r27 looks nice in the line up than those 200s! Love rs clios :wink: :wink:...so you guys regularly meet up etc? Would love to do this sort of thing when I get my new one!

Similar Thread Suggestions