Stolen Red Megane 250

daz

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Long shot I know, but worth posting none the less -

Tom said:
Dear all

In the early hours of this morning I was targeted and broken into.
All they took was my Dads Megane 250 so it was a clear indication that they are not armatures.

The car in question is a RED 10 plate Megane 250 REG NUMBER (KN10HVR)

Im sure they would have changed the plates by now and im also sure its gone for good as that is usually the case BUT if anyone does hears of some suspicious goings on with a RED 250 etc or if you happen to see it then please let me know.

Many thanks

Tom

Posted on ClioSport this morning :worried:

Ever so sorry to hear it, thats not the first time i've heard 250s getting targeted, seems to be the target atm.

As a southern I doubt I'll hear anything but will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Look out for it on back of trucks as thats how they seem to be getting transported.

Mates friend had his fiesta zetec s 60 plate taken from behind his mums car using a lifting truck, brought another one and the same happened again.

Hope they get nicked.

Unfortunately for the honest hard working motorist there is a he'll of alot of money in breaking stolen cars. It's 100% profit.

I hope the car in question turns up.

Yeah just read that now.

Car has indeed been found and is now with the police :smile:

It was stolen (and found) in Leicester by the way.

Last edited:
ever heard of needle in a haystack? thats what it is like trying to find the thieves of a stolen recovered car. the fingerprints if any are so hard to distinguish from the owners oh and clothing im sure alot of ppl wear the same cloths. last thing we check is hair or any traces of saliva like something from a sneeze

all in all its a 1% chance they will find the thief

I heard that thieves often abandon a car for a few days to confirm it doesn't have a tracker, before selling it on or whatever they do

u could be right there mate. . . . .. most cars are shipped abroad on false export documents

Glad they have found it, hope the thieves haven't done any damage to it though! :foxspeed:

Glad they found it, its the time of year for this type of thing and it really scares me :worried:

yeha scares me too. how bad is it that you have to be scared to own a nice car?

If I walk away form my car and forget to lock it, will it lock itself?

Keep panicing thinking I havn't pressed the button twice and having to run out and check, DOH

I thought someone said in another thread that it locks after 30 seconds if the card isnt detected?

*goes out again to check car is locked*

I thought someone said in another thread that it locks after 30 seconds if the card isnt detected?

*goes out again to check car is locked*

Only if you unlock it, then don't open doors does it relock itself. Just getting out after driving will leave doors unlocked.

no no no if u unlock and dont open the doors or the boot it locks after 30 seconds or so. u need to push the button once for a short time away from the car and twice overnight as this deadlocks it.

Or push any of the 3 buttons on the car to lock it, that is what I normally do - I never take the key out of my pocket it is great! :thumbup: