Stolen megane RS 250

cheers for the messages guys

Car was found yesterday, was on false plates as we expected, apparently looks in good condition but i haven't seen it myself yet as the forensic team are currently going over it...

My house keys are still in the car which is a small relief but the locks are still getting changed.

other than that just have to wait for an update as to when i can collect it etc

Great news to hear its been found mate! Makes me sick that you cant have anything nice these days without someone wanting to steal it

Good news. Though from experience finger print dust is a total nightmare to get off and they will have it everywhere.

Great news to hear its been found mate! Makes me sick that you cant have anything nice these days without someone wanting to steal it

Annoying isn't it, the car will be going now anyway don't think ill ever be happy with it again which is a shame as its the best car I've ever owned tbh!

Good news. Though from experience finger print dust is a total nightmare to get off and they will have it everywhere.

I've heard this! should be fun few days cleaning no doubt

Fingers crossed she's unmarked fella. Did they catch them driving it, or was she parked up?

Ye hopefully buddy, big difference between my unmarked and the polices idea of unmarked tho lol! don't think they caught anybody sounds like it was found parked up but haven't been told anything about that yet..

I've heard this! should be fun few days cleaning no doubt

Might be closer to a few weeks, I bought a stolen recovered Lancer Evo years ago for a track car and never did get it all off, ended up stripping the interior out as it annoyed me so much. Not a lot of people know this but you can decline CSI/forensics. It's something I'd seriously consider if I had to, not putting the police or their support staff down but they're unlikely to catch them anyway as the scum that do this kinda thing are so forensically aware these days.

Don't blame you. Plus i'd always be in it thinking "what if they want it again" kinda thing :worried:

Such a shame

That's so awful.

I've got an R27 and a 1 year old. I'd be terrified of them hurting the wife or my little girl just for a car! I don't envy you at all bud..

The Clifford alarm sounds a good shout though... I might consider this I think...

Mike

Sad to hear buddy, sounds awful. They would have probably parked it up to see if it had a tracker, if the police didn't turn up they'd just take it. I've heard of people doing that before.

Doubtful forensics will do anything, if they've got that much of a brain to change the plates i would have hoped they'd thought about leaving their bits everywhere.

I feel for you mate makes me sad reading things like this. I agree with cutting off hand and feet as punishment for dirty little scumbags that steal other people's stuff

Eugh grim. Smoking in the car is worse than them ragging it!

I don't blame you for selling it. Will you buy another 250?

Lol same thought as me! hate smoking in cars!

No i won't get another, expensive/desirable cars are off my radar for a while

Gonna go for a track 172 me thinks, really miss doing track days as I was too scared of bending £18k's worth of megane on track

Is'nt that a bit risky though, someone out there with another key for it?

Or do they program the old key out?