spacers

This is all I have at the moment from when I fitted them, they're 16mm eibachs. I'll have to try and get some better photos at some point, cars too dirty for decent photos though!

I got 4 spacers, 40 longer bolts and 5 mcgard locking bols for about £250 so quite a lot! But at least I know they're decent quality.

Before:
photo-1.jpg

After:
photo1.jpg

If you are going to do it, then you should definitely use good quality stuff.

I would however consider that this is only for aesthetics, rather than handling - the Clio has wheels with an unusually high offset - Renault must have specified this for a reason, and using spacers essentially reduces the offset of the wheels.

They're a rip off lol, the eibach stuff is top quality though, a proper snug fit on the hub and alloy so there's no vibration from imbalance like you get on cheap spacers

This is what I bought:
2x http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a...C-Sport-R-Eibach-Pro-Spacer-Wheel-Spacer-Kits
20x https://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=361SB55&a=i
1x http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300326648486

That is really useful information, at last a full break down of what you ACTUALLY need! Thanks for the post.

I am currently looking into getting some more spacers, as pritchardR27 knows i have 4 25mm Eibach ones i recently took off because it felt like the front wheels were sticking out a bit too much.

What about 16mm fronts with 25mm rears? Did look awesome from the rear on 25mm.......

Thanks

That is really useful information, at last a full break down of what you ACTUALLY need! Thanks for the post.

I am currently looking into getting some more spacers, as pritchardR27 knows i have 4 25mm Eibach ones i recently took off because it felt like the front wheels were sticking out a bit too much.

What about 16mm fronts with 25mm rears? Did look awesome from the rear on 25mm.......

Thanks

25mm's for sale then.....

i know this may sound stupid but can i jst put 10mm spacers on the back as i think the front looks ok just the back is way to far in what is your guys opinins?

A friend of mine co-owns a CNC plant out in India.. I'll see if he's interested in doing large run of 15-20mm hubcentric spacers for the clio.

Rich

A friend of mine co-owns a CNC plant out in India.. I'll see if he's interested in doing large run of 15-20mm hubcentric spacers for the clio.

Rich

Im defo interested in some 16mm's. Can he get them made in the type that uses bolts to hub and then wheel to spacer. I cant seem to find any of this type under 20mm and i assume this is because the bolts are too big due to the spacer being slimmer.

But please correct me if i am wrong and provide a link lol.

Quite a good idea, for £10 you can see if it's worth spending the extra on the better ones. The only problem is the Eibach 10mm spacers aren't hubcentric.

I'll see what he can do.. considering its 5 quid of materials and a fully automated process, I think these spacer manufacturers are taking the pee somewhat!

I know a guy in the UK who machines spacers too for about 60 quid including bolts and postage.

Rich

I like your thinking mate! Pics as soon as you get them fitted please! Lol!

Problem with 10mm spacers is that you won't be able to put them on with your current wheel bolts!

The current bolts only have about 9mm thread engaged in the hub

Maybe he has megane bolts to go with the megane wheels?

I'm not sure but the standard bolts on mine only had 6 or 7 threads engaged, with a 1.5mm pitch that means between 9 and 10.5mm engaged which obviously isn't enough for a 10mm spacer

If you do get some from a DIY shop you'll need M14 bolts with a 1.5mm pitch and 35mm long (standard are 25mm long)