spacers

Make sure you don't but the cheapy spacers on eBay that are powdercoated, especially if you plan to do trackdays.

Why's that Deako? Melting paint?

I bought eibach ones btw, seem to be great quality with some nice tight tolerances

Will do, probably not going to be able to fit them for a while. Doing massively long days at the moment. Hopefully will get a chance within the next few weeks though

Know what you mean, I've been wanting to get some since I got the car but never been able to justify the cost. Then one day I just thought **** it lol

No different to using wider wheels, like the cup racers do

But thats a forged wheel

Not a spacer, set of wheel nuts then the wheel.

Double the point of failure?

Just a question not being negative, I really like the look of them with spacer on gives it more road presence.

I can't really see wheel spacers failing, they're in massive compression due to the torque on the wheel nuts and you won't see aluminium failing under compression like that.

Only possible point of failure would be the hubcentric ring failing due to shear stress, but even then I can't see it happening, and if it did happen you wouldn't loose all control of the car as the wheels would still be attached. I guess it would have the same effect as an out of balance wheel.

You will put more stress on the wheel bolts as they're longer but I'm sure as long as you buy your wheel nuts from a reputable place they have been designed to take the load

You actually put more stress on the rear wheel bearings as you have moved the wheel out, and are therefore giving it more leverage to exert pressure.

I thought from your later post that you were talking about increased chance of failure due to there being more pats?

If you meant the bigger track width then I stick with my original post, no different to a wider set of wheels!

Width doesn't matter, but changing the offset of the wheels would have the same effect as spacers.

ET68 wheel + 15mm spacer = ET53 wheel

I thought from your later post that you were talking about increased chance of failure due to there being more pats?

If you meant the bigger track width then I stick with my original post, no different to a wider set of wheels!

Well bit of both matey

They do look good with them fitted tho

I think we need a picture thread lol

:tongueout:ics: