Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Abject Failure !

If you've got £15 you really cant think of anything better to do with, than spunk it on something utterly useless; this could be right up your alley.

Firstly you get the anticipation and waiting for delivery, on the back of false promises of huge improvements in noise levels.
Then you can take ages to make a real nice job of fitting it, cutting slots, radius the corners, sealing it down etc etc.
You also get the chance to slip with the Stanley knife during the above, and chop a big lump right out the side of your left index finger.
Highly likely in this heat you'll get seriously hot under the collar doing it
Not to mention you'll actually technically lose boot volume as the stuff is a whopping 12mm thick.

And of course the noise will be exactly the damned same !

Get on it guys. This one is just full of win :thumbup1:

I actually just snorted with laughter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Not a huge amount happened here lately. Mainly due to the fact tomorrow will be my first day off in 3 weeks. Still, think of all those 12 hour shifts at the weekends on double-time :smile:

But:

I have fitted a new rear wiper arm and wiper, and sorted the angle out so it sits properly and doesnt get dangerously close to the paintwork coming down !

IMG_4830_zpswfb6z74l.jpg

Fitted Bright-White LED's in the footwell, boot, interior lights, rear-number-plate etc

IMG_4831_zpsduodsr37.jpg

And fitted some engine dress-up washers / bolts as per MRizzle. These are some i found and are gunmetal in colour. I've used a large stainless washer on the underside of the bonnet ones to cover the part under the original that has no paint from new (Which i touched in - then covered over !)

IMG_4827_zpsvdvtnnmf.jpg

IMG_4829_zpsthi1qyv0.jpg

Great work there buddy and good idea with the washer! [emoji1303] I love the updated interior bulbs. It's such a small touch but another one that makes a significant difference.

Last edited:
^^^^

To right....Small is sometimes good !

I think in the medium term im going to go for a small drop via some Eibach springs.
Get a small car as a runaround / for work.
Have the bonnet / bumper resprayed to get rid of the few small chips.
And of course theres the small matter of a belt change - which i'll hit early next year ; bearing in mind point 2.

good job Syer..you gotta love the little touches...
have some time off mate..its very much needed..

Last edited:
http://www.clio197.net/forum/showth...ttack-2016-*car-issue-and-Oulton-Park*/page31

Keeping this on here for future reference. Especially posts 305, 311 and 314.

Maybe a "light-bulb" moment as far as the possible "rogue" knocking i had going on during Engine mapping, and one which new injectors, new knock sensor, different fuel, compression check, cam timing checks etc didnt really sort 110% despite everything electrically and mechanically appearing to be 100% and tip-top.

Spoke to Andy at Engine Dynamics today. Looks like im going back for a re-visit.

To be continued................

And again - for mine and my mappers future reference:

1/. As can see its down on power and running rich! without going into detail the course of it after messing round for ages.... The powerflex bushes of all things! When he mapped it they were not fitted. Dread to think what torque loss was as well!!!!

The issue was that the powerflex bushes where triggering the Knock senor !!! It was thinking was engine knock when there wasnt and was turning the timing 6 degrees out and chunking loads fuel in :worried: Every time he run it off with knock sensor turned off it was fine!!! typical eh! All sorted now hopefully and he re tweaked the map accordingly, as well as lowering the knock sensor level at low RPM which is where was been set off.

2/. Paul spent ages messing with it for good 45mins trying everything with no joy. In end just stood at front car saying "what done to it, what have fitted, you've changed something ". Last thing expected to be was powerflex bushes so kept saying not touched it, changed nothing engine wise.

then soon as said swapped suspension and powerflex bushes he went Ahhhh. Jumped back in run it up and it was fine. All did was turn knock sensor off. so we bar's engine as far over to right as we could get it and he then tweeked what was there.

he said he's had it in the past, the knock sensors are mega sensitive on these and the mega apparently. Think ink standard cars are ok just once mapped , think build it in too make them more sensitive .

- Worth a try, tell them to monitor the knock sensor.

3./ No im only running the normal powerflex ones! But I have all engine and gearbox ones so it is very stiff. Dread to think what black engine mounts would be like !

Paul turned down how much knock sensor reads assuming they can do
same. On light / part throttle it's not reading much but once it's into VVTI it's back to normal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua boparan
When you say 'asked', you mean 'harassed'... :smiley:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing too exciting - but the previous owner had somehow got some marks in the battery cover......which bugged me.

I saw some sellers punting them for upto £50 new. GULP.

Managed to buy this genuine one for just £12.95 delivered ! About to clean it up with my normal under-bonnet product and fit.........

IMG_4879_zpstmhvsrtj.jpg

Love the Scorpion exhaust, sounds epic. I can never quite decide if I prefer resonated or non-res. Have a feeling non-res would be a little too aggro haha

Like the ArmourAll products too their SHIELD polish/wax stuff I've used a few times. Nice and quick to apply compared to other waxes and lasts a decent amount of time :smile:

Love the Scorpion exhaust, sounds epic. I can never quite decide if I prefer resonated or non-res. Have a feeling non-res would be a little too aggro haha

Like the ArmourAll products too their SHIELD polish/wax stuff I've used a few times. Nice and quick to apply compared to other waxes and lasts a decent amount of time :smile:

Thankyou.

Scorpion resonated with Toyo mani and one cat removed must be about the tamest system there is noise-wise. But for me.....its "enough". You know its there: but its not silly obtrusive unless really getting a lick on.

SHIELD wax sounds good. Im going to Halfords tomorrow after work anyway..........:smile:

Really good turnout that!

Yea 16 of us turning up in the arse of England surprised me too !

Real mix of ages, cars, mods, models etc, not to mention ice-creams, beers, chips and Kiss-me-Quick hats in good old Great Yarmouth.

Good times.

As above pav:

Ice-creams, beers, walk up the sea-front, pics, chat, giggles etc etc

Last edited: