Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Another shot of the day......lol. Nothing to do with me guv. Honest :smile:
attachment.php

As someone who logged on for a bit of inspiration I've just read the entire thread.
Cracking car mate wish mine looked as good as yours.

Reactions: sevenfourate
As someone who logged on for a bit of inspiration I've just read the entire thread.
Cracking car mate wish mine looked as good as yours.

Thankyou very much.

Im a Virgo and somewhat of a perfectionist not to mention anal.

All I try to do is 'do it once, do it properly and do it the best way I can' regarding anything I have a go at.

4 months in and I'm making progress....

So do you have a Clio yourself ?

'Might' have been here before (?). But really need some help and inspiration guys....

Don't wanna spend a fortune, but would like to continue the Yellow theme under the bonnet a little bit more. I've renewed a few of the Yellow caps, i've added Yellow Silicone hose on the acoustic valve, i've repainted the top of the dipstick and the Yellow PolyBush's help too of course.

So, what next thats:

1/ Not stupid expensive.
2/ Wont look tacky.

2f051dc1-f8c1-4918-9959-006452736575_zps6vnk4jzc.jpg

3513ca94-1fbe-4366-8db5-dfd6dfa97ded_zpsjllauark.jpg

Last edited:
I have been tempted to get some yellow silicone hose to replace the intake pipe but they are all quite expensive (£100+). I have resprayed my battery cover and airbox cover gloss black but have been tempted with yellow.

I have been tempted to get some yellow silicone hose to replace the intake pipe but they are all quite expensive (£100+). I have resprayed my battery cover and airbox cover gloss black but have been tempted with yellow.

Haha - been in my ebay watch-page for "months" !

Just cant quite get my head around that much Yellow.

I guess im looking for small touches; A badge, something with Yellow accents / highlights, even a really nice appropriate decal...............

Have the existing Renault Sport badge on the inlet manifold painted black with yellow writing or vice versa?

Nothing doing here in a while. Been considering lowering, thought about getting the belts / dephaser / waterpump etc done (Which i will in short order) and really want an aluminium gear-nob.

What i've actually done is nothing ! After a first few painful and expensive months of ownership, im just building my rainy day account right now and working every hour god sends.

But - i do have a fairly major update today that i've been bursting to share since a fairly substantial purchase on Monday.:

After much thought i decided to renew my rather grubby looking washer-bottle cap. A search on ebay showed there was a mid-blue colour that may fit out there and available, and of course the original Yellow items for sale too. Much to my dismay (and to just add to the confusion )- i then found there were genuine items available and you could even buy a slightly cheaper non-genuine / after-market part !

I decided in the end to risk £2.99 on the genuine Renault part, and that proved to be a sound long-term decision - as the satisfaction of opening it up and finding it in a genuine Renault plastic bag, with original part number firmly stamped into it was was heart-warming, and eased my earlier fears. To be fair i was also swayed by the FREE 2nd Class postage. Always makes the deal a little sweeter hey.....

Anyway. Tonight after work i have fitted the new cap. Not a hugely tough job; but i have had easier AND i did nearly break a fingernail doing it - so excited was i. To be sure id missed nothing obvious i got my 7 year old son to check my workmanship afterwards too Again: Very glad i bought genuine because colour-match to the rest of the original Yellow parts was outstanding. Not to mention the satisfying 'click' as it located into place; that you never get with knock-off Chinese parts. And i think it looks superb. Almost like it grew there infact.

So check this baby out mo-fo's:

IMG_4958_zpsmmbfmo7y.jpg

:wink:

Just a Sunday morning here; outside in the sunshine messing with the Clio...... :wink:

Hoovered and cleaned the inside. Realised it smelled like a chip shop; so ordered two of these:

s-l1600%201_zps2piijogk.jpg

Then thought, although the car had an oil change when i bought it - im not really sure what quality oil was used. And its had one session on the Rolling Road already and is booked in again on Sept 13th. So for a little peace of mind i ordered some of this:

s-l1600%202_zps6lu9zkej.jpg

And one of these:

s-l500_zpsadtw3y35.jpg

Then set about under the bonnet for a quick spruce-up, clean and polish. Decided to get the hoover out too ! Took panel filter out and gave it a thorough clean and also got the hoover in the airbox and got rid of a few dead flies, some straw and other random gunk in the bottom.....

RPF-1744-WEB_zpsc7y6qhad.jpg

RPF-1744-WEB-2_zps3ldrmjn6.jpg

********Still deciding what do induction-wise..........cant decide if long-term i want the noise of a full induction-kit or not, and if power-wise it really is "worth it".

Thing is i do have another mapping / rolling-road session on Sept 13th, and i need to do something soon / before then if im going to get it mapped in that state.

The other thing is: if i do go with induction kit, then have re-mapped and hate it - im kind of commited to staying with that set-up to some degree.

So : Is there any way to increase (Slightly ?) the induction noise on a standard airbox set-up with panel filter fitted ??????????????????????

Also going to book my car in one day this week to get the brakes looked at. And if you saw my recent thread - you'll realise im talking about "brake feel". Hoping a re-bleed may be able to improve the pedal travel and really firm up the feel.

A new air freshener makes a huge difference, especially when you've just given the car a good clean! I just put in a Magic Tree new car smell - a personal fave!

I might be completely wrong here, but I think I read that removing the acoustic valve pipe alters the induction sound??? I think it was either [MENTION=54404]MRizzle[/MENTION] or [MENTION=53807]Micah[/MENTION] that had written this, but I might be way off the mark, so apologies in advance if I am...

Ya, think it was me. It certainly sounded great on the M2 yesterday when I could open the car up a bit. May be the exhaust though as I find it sounds different depending on wind direction?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk