Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

you can always get some vinyl from ebay and put it back on..looks good without the horribly looking black/grey strip..
not always you get it right the first time,do you?at least in my case..live and learn :wink:

It does indeed and you've inspired me having seen the result!! Mine isn't looking too bad but I think I prefer the look without it.

I'd have been inclined to polish it too regardless. I always prefer sealing paintwork after a polish and that's pitiably the first time that that section has ever seen either I should imagine. Really great stuff there mate.

If you go for it @MRizzle ; and try to remove the door seal to get access to all the decal / sticker / trim where its tucked in behind it:

1./ Lower window (Helpful arent i !!!)

2./ Pull down top part of seal, working from the mirror end - toward B-pillar until all the top part is off and hanging loose.

3./ Then pull the Vertical strip next to the decal off in one solid strip; back toward the front of the car [Keeping it in a straight line] and at that point you can even pull it up; out of the door and completely out of the way. (This part has metal strips in to hold its shape.....hence why its best not to just yank at it in a haphazard manor !!)

Thanks [MENTION=54245]sevenfourate[/MENTION] for all of those tips! I've taken a screenshot and subscribed to the thread for future reference. Much appreciated. [emoji1303]

Arrrrrrrrggggggggh. CAR DOWN !

Injector on number two 'failing' and can't get another set until Wednesday. This after doing a compression test as was getting a knock on same cylinder

Have had to leave car. Currently at train station to get home !! Oh the joys.

Really sorry to hear that Syer, not what you needed on the day of the remap!! Fingers crossed it gets sorted asap bud.

Really sorry to hear that Syer, not what you needed on the day of the remap!! Fingers crossed it gets sorted asap bud.

Could have been worse. Thought it might have been low compression first off ! Tested and all good so they say 99% it's a poor injector. So full set will sort....

And rather than take away, come back etc it's easier to get home and get a lift back later in the week.

Will just make the wait more worthwhile......:smile:

Last edited:
not great. did it fail before or after the remap?

On the logging it was showing faults before I arrived. He said maybe even since new !!

Doing all the normal things and car just wasn't responding. Then got individual cylinder details and 2 was the culprit. Then compression test ensued. Thankfully all very good. Only leaving injector pattern...

bloody hell..thats unlucky mate..hope it wont cost too much..thats what you dont need on the remap day..

bloody hell..thats unlucky mate..hope it wont cost too much..thats what you dont need on the remap day..

Theres no point mapping now on what might be 3 suspect and 1 good injector. So a full set is the proper way forward.

With rolling road time today, new injectors, the messing around in trying to set it up today, the fitting of injectors and then eventually a Re-map its gonna total getting on for 3 times the cost of a basic remap i reckon.

Still. That will be another month of Renault ownership successfully completed :001_rolleyes:

Turns out injectors are coming from France. This one could run.......:s

Might buy another car this weekend and now keep the 200 as a weekender / sun-day special.

Ah that sucks that the parts are going to take so long to get to you ... :worried:

Have you been thinking about a second car for a while, or is it just because of this taking so long?

Ah that sucks that the parts are going to take so long to get to you ... :worried:

Have you been thinking about a second car for a while, or is it just because of this taking so long?

A pain indeed !

I'd been toying with the idea. Would be nice if i had this problem, or wanna paint something, or take something apart to not have to worry about work next day.

Plus last night i got offered a nice run-around cheap thats just had cambelt, waterpump, brakes done and comes with full years MOT.

Only real issue here is parking another car. Were already at 4 in the family....

A pain indeed !

I'd been toying with the idea. Would be nice if i had this problem, or wanna paint something, or take something apart to not have to worry about work next day.

Plus last night i got offered a nice run-around cheap thats just had cambelt, waterpump, brakes done and comes with full years MOT.

Only real issue here is parking another car. Were already at 4 in the family....

Ah I see, makes sense and understandable that you could keep the 200 for best. And if there's a cheap option lined up, even better. I suppose if it's a cheaper one you could leave it a bit further away from the house without too much worry??