Selling up

Roy

clio197.net legend
Not me
Seems to be a lot of people selling up again.has everyone had enough of them or is it finical reasons???
Good luck with your sales guys

Think it's financial the fuel costs are horrendous and I have considered getting something different but I love this car so much I don't care if I'm skint!! Haha.

I don't owe any finance but the mpg ticks me off sometimes. In the grand scheme of modern motoring the Clio doesn't really give the acceleration to match the fuel consumption.

That and I really want a mk1 Golf :9

Not the easiest of cars to make your own. Thats why so many look so simular on here. Its a car you can quite quickly get frustrated with given the lack of moddin' options and also the cost to do them!!! After a few mods (cup spoiler, speedlines in black, RS splitter...) easy to lose interest and move onto something that you can play around with more.....

Last edited:
I'm not bothered if it doesn't sell, and to be honest I'm happy to keep it. But I am looking at exiges as I've always wanted one and the insurance is fine now (aged 29) which is the only reason why I would change

I don't owe any finance but the mpg ticks me off sometimes. In the grand scheme of modern motoring the Clio doesn't really give the acceleration to match the fuel consumption.

i ran a mk1 for a year, very fun cars, still have mine its a labour of love, its a stripped shell, iv had it sandblasted and waiting for money and a new job, untill i can sart welding in the new floor and bits and bobbs, iv hand a lot of fun in my clio tho but i nearly traded in for a 08 plate megan f1 at the weekend, with more running costs, and not wanting to get into dept and my clio is fully payed this month, i dont see the point. found out mine is worth 5600 on trade in, 56 plate 40k 2 i am second owner, i bought it for 10500 2 years ago, its fair drop.

When my claim at work is settled I want to give mine a different look
But not till I can drive it again and got the wife her own car again

They are expensive to mod but it doesn't mean I won't carry on doing it haha! It's a bug and I got it very bad!

Roll on ultra racing parts!

Only had mine for approx 3 months now, but I reckon i'll still own the Clio in 5 years time. Since it came out i've always wanted one and the attention it gets everywhere I go is great. I'm not gonna moan about the MPG as I knew what it was before I bought the car. I will however buy a cheap runaround as in my current job i'm clocking up too many miles on the Clio.

In the grand scheme of modern motoring the Clio doesn't really give the acceleration to match the fuel consumption.

Couldn't have been said better. It's the only bit that frustrates me the hell with this car. Don't mind the consumption, don't mind it at all, what I do mind is the car being slow on a straight line while it's drinking petrol like mad:worried:

Couldn't have been said better. It's the only bit that frustrates me the hell with this car. Don't mind the consumption, don't mind it at all, what I do mind is the car being slow on a straight line while it's drinking petrol like mad:worried:

Yep, this is my only gripe. Miss the turbo pull from low revs.

It is what it is, and turbos never seem to give the throttle response of N/A, they somehow feel elastic.

Still thrilling like nothing else for the price though.

Sometimes I get reminded of that when I drive a VAG car. Pace, poise, looks n class, but thrilling?

Maybe with an RS but thats it.

Its all about the money!! Petrols rediculous.. Like its been said one of the vag group tfsi units are a good bet.

Tbh I have no gripes about the 200. Its Emma's daily driver so doesnt do that many miles so the poor MPG isnt an issue for us.

It does everything we ask of it and more. Can fit everything a family with a new baby needs in it. It looks good, handles superb, sounds awesome. Need I say more.

I've got the cheap mods outta the way (wheels, zaust and coilovers) so yeah, the next batch of mods wont be cheap but hey ho!

We intend to keep the 200 for the foreseeable future.

Think mine will be staying for a bit longer, but will most likely be replaced with a Leon Cupra. Need to find the perfect car, so I'm not rushing. I want to test drive another one though, the brakes were ridiculously sharpe on the one I drove, resting a feather on the middle peddle would cause an emergency stop!

Glad to hear mate you keeping her for a bit longer.did you manage to sell the KA???

as said the performance vs fuel returns is quite bad....:jumpon:

BUT (and its a big BUT) it still puts a smile on my face when i drive it...just love the touring car scream from the engine and the way it darts in to corners and of course the look/stance of it :cloud9:

i am facing redundancy and will have to get rid of one of my cars...think the old banger will go first even if it is a 50mpg diesel (and nearly 10yr old) :001_rolleyes:

Not sold the ka yet, but haven't been trying. The missus has another year no claims mid September, so decided to wait. Not sure 100% exactly what we're doing in the long run yet either, but looks luke the mother in law might be going to work abroad with the father in law soon, which will be their house will be all ours! Lol!