selling or buying on the forum feedback

Arch

Paid Member
Just wondering why the forum has never introduced a feedback system for people to give positive or negative feedback for sales and purchases. This is common on all the Subaru forums I used to frequent and works very well as you quickly get to know who you can trust. Having been ripped off on here recently it would probably have helped my decision to purchase from an individual and perhaps help others.

Just wondering why the forum has never introduced a feedback system for people to give positive or negative feedback for sales and purchases. This is common on all the Subaru forums I used to frequent and works very well as you quickly get to know who you can trust. Having been ripped off on here recently it would probably have helped my decision to purchase from an individual and perhaps help others.

Good idea!

Hopefully it wasn’t a problem with the item I sold to you? Though I am sure I would have heard from you if it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arch
we used to have it years ago but since we were introduced to a new format,this feature has been lost..think it needs to be raised with admins...

If you've had problems on here recently have to let the Admins know about it? I know you've been around doing this for years so I'd imagine you have. But I'd be interested to know about it. Hope it was resolved!

If someone has sold you faulty parts through the forum I think they should be "named and shamed" so we are all aware of the individual and also to potentially stop it from happening again

Good idea!

Hopefully it wasn’t a problem with the item I sold to you? Though I am sure I would have heard from you if it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Eddie it certainly wasn't it was a set of wheels I bought and I believe the individual concerned also had a Paypal dispute with another member.

Reactions: -Eddie-
we used to have it years ago but since we were introduced to a new format,this feature has been lost..think it needs to be raised with admins...

I have been buying and selling parts on numerous Impreza forums and decent genuine forum members stick out with a decent feed back system. When I broke the Impreza I sold one chap over £7k in parts and had no trust issues because of my repuatation so personally I think it would be. A good addition to an already forwards thinking forum set up. Many other forums have not dealt with the photobucket issue. The admin on here sorted it straight away. I lost over 12 years of pics in my build thread which would be impossible to put back in.

Reactions: tombate911 and Pav
If someone has sold you faulty parts through the forum I think they should be "named and shamed" so we are all aware of the individual and also to potentially stop it from happening again

I will inform admin and they can deal with it. It has gone to a Paypal dispute which has just been found in my favour but getting the money may be another issue.

As Pav says, it was something that we had in the past, but not so with the current format of forum software.

Members are welcome to post their constructive criticism of any sales/purchases that have gone sour, however if they turn into slagging matches, it makes the whole thing very distasteful on what is a very light-hearted forum.

If there are any issues with sales/purchases made on the forum between members, we always recommend trying to resolve it directly with the member in question as a first option. An Admin can be contacted about it at any time, however please note that we have no powers when it comes to getting involved with resolving disputes.

As with any purchase made online from someone you don't know, always exercise caution before sending money, or sending items out before making payment.

Agree with everything said and pity about the format not supporting it. Selling rules are fine but at the end of the day if people chose to lie about ten description or just not send items selling rules dont help. I know of two issues already on here that have went to PayPal disputes one was an item I bought and one another member bought both from the same seller. If a feedback system was possible two negative feedbacks would probably be enough to let people make their own mind up.

Agree with everything said and pity about the format not supporting it. Selling rules are fine but at the end of the day if people chose to lie about ten description or just not send items selling rules dont help. I know of two issues already on here that have went to PayPal disputes one was an item I bought and one another member bought both from the same seller. If a feedback system was possible two negative feedbacks would probably be enough to let people make their own mind up.

maybe it could be raised with Nik boys??

Just to reiterate what I mentioned earlier in the thread, we have no issue with people giving feedback about sales/purchases on the forum in the correct manner. That is, no unnecessary slagging-off/abusive comments/unwarranted allegations. Any threads of this kind made will be closely moderated and anything not deemed appropriate will be deleted.

Also again, the forum is not a marketplace - we offer the facility to buy and sell goods, but we do not have the powers that Ebay/Gumtree etc have. Please use your best judgement when making decisions whether to buy and sell on a site such as this. There is no protection from the forum if things go wrong.

Reactions: Sean197
Just to reiterate what I mentioned earlier in the thread, we have no issue with people giving feedback about sales/purchases on the forum in the correct manner. That is, no unnecessary slagging-off/abusive comments/unwarranted allegations. Any threads of this kind made will be closely moderated and anything not deemed appropriate will be deleted.

Also again, the forum is not a marketplace - we offer the facility to buy and sell goods, but we do not have the powers that Ebay/Gumtree etc have. Please use your best judgement when making decisions whether to buy and sell on a site such as this. There is no protection from the forum if things go wrong.

I fully understand what you are saying and the responsibilities that the admin have but the very fact you offer a facility to buy and sell surely means that anything that can be done to assist genuine buyers and sellers has to be a good thing. If it's the case that the forum admin don't want to have a feedback facility or its not possible then that's also fine.

Reactions: Jimmy
I fully understand what you are saying and the responsibilities that the admin have but the very fact you offer a facility to buy and sell surely means that anything that can be done to assist genuine buyers and sellers has to be a good thing. If it's the case that the forum admin don't want to have a feedback facility or its not possible then that's also fine.

I agree, we do want to create an environment where members have a pleasant and easy buying/selling experience on the forum - the last thing we want is for there to be disputes etc. So although we don't have any powers, it doesn't mean that we don't care either: we genuinely do and we would hope that all transactions can be carried out with no issues. We will always offer some help to members where we can - I have in fact recently been in touch with a couple of people over a dispute that arose.

As for the physical possibility of there being a feedback system in place - the site owners/senior admins have the final say on anything like this, so as it stands, Chris and I currently have no way of implementing this onto the forum software, as much as we agree that it would be beneficial.

I hope that clarifies things a bit and I do appreciate you starting the discussion on this - it's subjects such as this that we are always happy to talk about and in turn be honest with you guys about. Thanks, Arch.

Reactions: Pav and Arch