Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

Gave the car a wash earlier, just a quick wash and going over with a spray detailer, not a @sevenfourate 8-hour job lol Washed with Autoglym shampoo and conditioner, sprayed with Auto Finesse Glisten wax, trims done with Auto Finesse Revive.
20161018_164333.jpg
20161018_163425.jpg
20161018_163400.jpg
Also had a little parcel arrive:
20161001_134436.jpg
I desperately need my speedlines on though!

Reactions: Stubonez and Jimmy
great pics..just little advice..make sure you lacquer the calipers after spraying them...will protect the paint and wont get dirty from brake dust..

Reactions: Sean197
I like the intercooler showing but when the new one is fitted in the new year I think I'll paint it black for a more stealth look. Pretty much decided on this one as the airtec and forge megane ones are too tall and block the radiator.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381192059004

great pics..just little advice..make sure you lacquer the calipers after spraying them...will protect the paint and wont get dirty from brake dust..

I did actually buy the lacquer too, it just came separately and is currently under my desk at work!

Does sound fun!! Looking forward to the finished project
When should it be done?

It's up and running now, but with the list of things to do it'll be a while before I'm at a level where I don't feel I can improve things. Probably never in fact!

Looks ace Sean !

And there's no 'need' for an 8 hour clean-up. Not everyone can be as anorak as me.

Most modern QD's are awesome. Most can easily last 6 or more washes, give great protection and bead like crazy. Whats not to like. TBH waxing is probably a thing of the past as good as a decent QD is these days.....

Bought a few goodies recently:
20161106_132722.jpg

20161106_132748.jpg
Bought some dash trims and set about painting them albi blue. If it's looks naff then I've also bought some alcantara to cover them.

20161106_132641.jpg

20161106_133042.jpg

Engine cover will be painted albi blue with some anthracite renault sport stickers.

Also weighing up whether to buy an ecu with a ktec map on it, 270 bhp and 301lbft and have it tweaked at a local place, or get a bespoke map.

Reactions: Jimmy
Good work getting hold of the extra bits Sean, I do like the look of the 200 clocks. Don't forget to share pics of the trims for our valued opinions :wink:

Good work getting hold of the extra bits Sean, I do like the look of the 200 clocks. Don't forget to share pics of the trims for our valued opinions :wink:

Pics added of the trims mid-paint, probably won't fit them until tomorrow.

Ah nice one, the colour looks good, I like them. I don't have experience of maps, however I'd imagine a bespoke one would be better?

If I could have the ktec map tweaked then it essentially would be bespoke, but without the need for hours of initial mapping, so would work out cheaper.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0