Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] ebay mate. I searched for ages then suddenly 2 popped up, although the other one was about £40!

Been after one of these for ages!

attachment.php

attachment.php

That arch gap!!!

EDIT: double post

Attachments

• IMG_3018.jpg
    IMG_3018.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_3022.jpg
    IMG_3022.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Just collected the car after having the Toyosports manifold fitted. I'm unsure if it's made any difference other than being slightly louder from inside the car, but this may be down to the powerflex mounts having been fitted. Tbh if it doesn't quieten down a bit then new flexis are going on the old mani and it's going back on. Maybe i'm just getting old!.
Throttle pick-up seems better but again this could be down to the mounts.
£300 labour for the coilovers, manifold, brake lines, and mounts to be fitted, so actually quite pleased with that.

Last edited:
it should settle down in a bit..£300 labour??thats an excellent price for all that work..
well done..

I've had mine on for 3-4 months now and it only gets louder haha. Saying that i'm running non-res Scorpion & Decat..

So, bought a set of 8j cup racer speedlines, courtesy of @FinlayMiller These will be powdercoated dark anthracite within the next few weeks.
Also, after having been given a ride in @FinlayMiller's 225-converted 197, I've decided I need more torque in my life. Therefore if all goes well then on Saturday morning I will be collecting a complete Megane 225 engine and gearbox, including all ancillaries and driveshafts :smile: The plan is to rebuild the engine and gearbox, and generally clean it up over the next 10-12 months then complete the conversion late this year/early next.

nice going..there's always a temptation to go turbo..fingers crossed all go well for ya..

And so it begins :smile:

attachment.php

Engine stand ordered as well as a few other bits and pieces (belts, bearings etc.). I'll take a few days off work in the next few weeks to start the strip-down and cleaning process.

Attachments

• megane engine.jpg
    megane engine.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 227
how old is the engine/mileage? looking forward to this.. :thumbsup:

Engine and 'box are from a 55-plate 225 with 70k on it. Picked up the whole lot, including ecu, loom, turbo, gear shift assembly, driveshafts, ancillaries and driveshafts, for £900.
The plan is to start taking it apart this weekend, clean/degrease, have gearbox rebuilt, and replace engine bearings etc.

Shopping list so far is;
  • K-tec lightweight flywheel and clutch
  • Big-end bearings
  • Crankshaft main bearings
  • Cylinder head bolts
  • Lower engine gasket/seal set
  • Aux belt/tensioner kit
  • Timing belt
  • Head gasket set
  • Forged con-rods (these come with ARP bolts)
  • Forged pistons
  • Piston rings
  • Injectors
  • Water pump
  • Milltek exhaust downpipe
  • Intercooler
  • Megane radiator
  • Megane engine cover

Everything will be done over the period of about 10-12months, then the plan is to take a week to drop the old engine out and put the rebuilt megane engine in. Not chasing pub-talk power figures, I'd be happy with 260-270bhp and high 200's lb'ft torque.

Seen that myself on Gumtree Sean. Pity it was already removed from the car but good deal.

Can i get your manifold now then haha :smile:

Seen that myself on Gumtree Sean. Pity it was already removed from the car but good deal.

Can i get your manifold now then haha :smile:

It didn't bother me it not being in the car as I'm rebuilding it anyway and with bare engines going for 800ish I took the plunge. I actually thought about you wanting the manifold lol you have first refusal ☺

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0