Sean's 197T - RIP Albi :(

Booked into RS Tuning on 22nd Feb for a remap and 630cc injectors, deposit paid yesterday. 4 hour drive each way, but sure it'll be worth it!
Just need to decide whether to fit my 250 turbo or keep with standard and sell the 250. If I stick with standard i'll be happy with around 270-280bhp and 290lb/ft, with the 250 i'll keep the torque the same to minimise the risk of the bottom end lunching itself but aim for 290ish bhp. Decisions decisions....

I also forgot I had a Clio keyring too....

20170111_101710.jpg

edit - 1k posts!!!!!!

lookatmeeee.jpg

Booked into RS Tuning on 22nd Feb for a remap and 630cc injectors, deposit paid yesterday. 4 hour drive each way, but sure it'll be worth it!
Just need to decide whether to fit my 250 turbo or keep with standard and sell the 250. If I stick with standard i'll be happy with around 270-280bhp and 290lb/ft, with the 250 i'll keep the torque the same to minimise the risk of the bottom end lunching itself but aim for 290ish bhp. Decisions decisions....

I also forgot I had a Clio keyring too....

20170111_101710.jpg
Where are you based?

I finally finished reading this thread (over many lunch breaks lol).

Lovely car Sean, credit to you, I bet this is so much fun, makes me miss my AB one so much!

Reactions: Sean197
I finally finished reading this thread (over many lunch breaks lol).

Lovely car Sean, credit to you, I bet this is so much fun, makes me miss my AB one so much!

Cheers. I was getting massively frustrated with it having an amazing chassis but no grunt, but now I've fallen in love with the car all over again, and that's without having the coilovers set up properly and running a standard map.

Reactions: suj and wanger
Hope all goes well with the remap at RST, you know it'll be in safe hands there! Choosing what power to go for is a nice dilemma to have! Plus you get to visit the bright lights of Leeds, so it's a win win :smiley:

Yeah I'm already very impressed with the customer service from RS Tuning, even the women there seem to know what they're talking about lol
@Jimmy I'm told Leeds is a hole but as long as they have a Greggs I'll be happy haha

Yeah I'm already very impressed with the customer service from RS Tuning, even the women there seem to know what they're talking about lol
@Jimmy I'm told Leeds is a hole but as long as they have a Greggs I'll be happy haha

I think the girl on reception is a proper petrolhead, and very pleasant to boot.

Haha Leeds is definitely not a hole - Armley is, where RST are based, but the rest of the city is a delight :smiley:

I think the girl on reception is a proper petrolhead, and very pleasant to boot.

Haha Leeds is definitely not a hole - Armley is, where RST are based, but the rest of the city is a delight :smiley:

yeah I've seen the instagram pics :wink:

Is it far from RS Tuning to the centre i.e. could you walk it? I'm leaving at 5am so I'll need a Greggs' breakfast lol

yeah I've seen the instagram pics :wink:

Is it far from RS Tuning to the centre i.e. could you walk it? I'm leaving at 5am so I'll need a Greggs' breakfast lol

Haha, yeah I had a cheeky look at that too :smiley:

Yeah you can definitely walk it - maybe 10-15 minutes if that?? There's nothing near the workshop really so you'll have to go into the centre.

Haha, yeah I had a cheeky look at that too :smiley:

Yeah you can definitely walk it - maybe 10-15 minutes if that?? There's nothing near the workshop really so you'll have to go into the centre.

Ah that's cool. I think that's Lyndsey? She has the air-bagged Scirocco. She was really helpful during the initial build with the ecu and a few other things. I spoke to another one called Lauren and she was also knowledgeable and really nice, apart from the weird Emmerdale accent :tongueout:

Ah that's cool. I think that's Lyndsey? She has the air-bagged Scirocco. She was really helpful during the initial build with the ecu and a few other things. I spoke to another one called Lauren and she was also knowledgeable and really nice, apart from the weird Emmerdale accent :tongueout:

Emmerdale accent :smile:

Yeah it was Lyndsey with the Scirocco. They seem a good bunch of people, the tech as well was really helpful when I was there.

RST day should be great Sean. Nice choices to have to make!

How long does a full geo setup take on the B14's?

I assume it's not like getting the tracking done at kwickfit:wink:

RST day should be great Sean. Nice choices to have to make!

I have no idea! I think I'm gonna go to a proper motorsport place and have it done properly including corner weighting. I'll see if the wallet has cooled down after the remap lol

I certainly hope not. For Seans sake !

Was most unpleasant last time i was at Kwik-Fit (For their Hunter 4-wheel alignment system) watching 2 very common and very spotty oiks fingering my car with all the finesse of Peter Sutcliffe's apprentice.

Not that i'm getting at all judgemental in my old age....... :smile:

Roll on 22nd Feb Sean !

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean197 Projects/Progress Threads 30
Pav Projects/Progress Threads 2657
B Spotted 0