S22's RB 200 Progress Diary *loads of new pics 10/07/12*

Wow, that's a huge drop. IMO it does show up how bad the offset is on the standard wheels though.

+1 for the white wheels though, it always looks great on RB, but its a bitch to keep clean!

Oo mines a 60 too...looks like i best measure up before hand.

just go to local renault armed with the reg number of a later cup model.
plenty on here lol... i just used a plate from a 61 cup. Got them to check the top mount part number on mine, and then on the 61 cup.

If it matches you have the new style top mounts, if not then you have the old.

Wow, that's a huge drop. IMO it does show up how bad the offset is on the standard wheels though.

+1 for the white wheels though, it always looks great on RB, but its a bitch to keep clean!

very true. spacers shall be next up.

Then further down the line the wheels will go white. possibly white speedlines but not sure... im quite liking these wheels now its lower

looks lots better low:thumbup1:would do the wheels black or white think it would set it of a treat.

i dont like black wheels. They are great for cleaning reasons, but i like wheels to stand out and contrast the body colour. It makes them look bigger without going bigger and i think generally makes the car look better.

question is what should be next.

Im all spent out for a good while now after that lot, so im thinking free stuff like debadging as a starting point

Just out of interest how much did mark fish charge for fitting..l.i really want them!

Came to 258 including tracking adjustments afterwards.
It was 3.75 hours to do everything. Obviously depends on how easy bolts undo etc

Can't recommend him and his team enough.

That a lot of monies even for a place with a good Rep. I was £140 to get coilovers fitted and geo setup by the place that does all the work on our 200.

That a lot of monies even for a place with a good Rep. I was £140 to get coilovers fitted and geo setup by the place that does all the work on our 200.

It's 57.50 an hour. When you consider ford charge 110 an hour it's cheap lol

Probably could get it cheaper but I trust mark. He has a rich history of winning races in clios, and being the team behind the winning driver, not only in clios but other marques too. He also had some testing many year ago in his youth with Williams f1 and Nigel mansell as a result of winning a Renault series.

I guess u could argue a mechanic is a mechanic, but I'd disagree. When you see mark and his guys work, the attention to detail is immense. All the time I have hot hatches and sports cars then I'll not let anyone else touch them. As soon as my warranty runs out it will be the last Renault ever see of the car lol

I agree that dealers prices are shocking. Our 200 has only been to Renault to get the gearbox replaced under warranty but everything else has been done by the 1 specilalist garage.

Out of question - my 200 with cup pack is on a 59 plate . . . which spring kit from Larkspeed would fit?

Theres two options:-
A) http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=HR291031Q&a=i
B) http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a...rt-200-RS-Cup-H-R-Lowering-Springs-Spring-Kit

?

i think ull want Renault Clio Mk3 Sport 197 / RS / Cup 07/06 > 30mm F, 40mm R

You are best off just checking with renault though. Again, have them compare your top mount part numbers and diagrams with numbers and diagrams from soemthing newer. U could check it against my plate if you wanted, mine has the newer smaller top mounts

Awesome! Should be pickin the Clio up from stealership, hopefully with a new gearbox, on fri so will check then :smile: cheers mate

so i have been playing with photoshop this morning again.

I now have a dilema... standard wheels in white, speedlines, or oz ultras

sp.png

ult.png

Last edited: