S22's RB 200 Progress Diary *loads of new pics 10/07/12*

So you are going for cup dampers with the H & R's then?

If I do anything I will be sticking to the full fat dampers thats for sure!!!!

yep.... although i like the softer ride at times, i am used to much stiffer cars. the more i drive it the more im feeling a bit disappointed in it

ok, been playing around with photoshop a bit more, some very poor skills lol
I have 3 more options.
197 silver, 197 white, and 197 Williams esc. you opinions please

200_197s.png

200_197w.png

200_197will.png

Untitled-2.png

Ok time for a little update on this one.

I seem to find myself torn over what i want from this car. I spent my life on track in my old 172, and i simply dont have the time or the funds to be doing that again as well as other hobbies which take time and money.

So this car is not going on track. Yet i still find myself thinking how car i stiffen this thing up lol.

Anyway, this is where things are now, and the direction this car is going in....

Currently in the car boot and awaiting fitting i have:
  • Cup Dampers
  • H&R Springs 30mm/30mm
  • RenaultSport Floor Mats
  • Two New Hub Nuts

On order and awaiting delivery i have:
  • Pipercross Panel Filter
  • LED Kit to replace the drab interior bulbs

And still to order, but on my list are:
  • OSRAM Night Breakers
  • Silver Indicator Bulbs
  • Side Lights
  • Dash and Dials LED change (Possible but not definate)

So it seems i have veered a little off the initial idea of making it look like a racer, and just changing it to generally look a nice specimin. The wheels are growing on me, although i dont think the decision on these can be made until the car is lowered

Two things i do know for sure are that i need to find a racing blue cup spoiler, and i also need to get on the french forums and find out where i can get a decent front splitter to sort out the front of the 200, as its the one part i dont like.

Some more movement at last today :smile:

The LED bulbs are fitted, and although during the day it looks a bit chavvy, at night the blue glow is superb and matches the cars colour at night, so very happy with that. will get some pics asap.

My panel filter turned up today, so that will be in first thing tomorrow.

The car goes into renault tomorrow to have the door rubbers looked at as there is a little leak from each wing mirror area.

And the best bit, just had a day off work confirmed so car will up at Mark Fish Motorsport on the 10th to have the cup damper and H&R springs fitted.

I must re-iterate, this car will not be doing regular track days. if any at all. So having had discussions with Mark, we feel that the cup dampers and H&R springs will provide the looks i want, but also the best setup for road use compared to coilovers. Combined with the softer anti roll bar it should be spot on for the use i want.

Did I see you pulling into halfords in chatham a few weeks back? Saw an albi blue 200, didn't think the driver saw me though!

Sounds good mate, let us know of the progress. I'll be at Mark's around mid of August. What a top guy he is:smile:

pics taken tonight after visit to Mark Fish. Taken by the misses, although we could find her tripod so pics are a bit grainey.

Cup dampers and H&R 30/30 springs fitted

IMG_2113.png

IMG_2115.png

IMG_2116.png

IMG_2117.png

IMG_2118.png

IMG_2119.png

IMG_2120.png

IMG_2123.png

And a couple of the blue LED's

IMG_2150.png

IMG_2158.png

IMG_2161.png

Looking good mate!

Give the interior LEDs a flash next time you're in traffic at night, see if anybody moves over for you! :smiley:

Very nice mate the drop is needed isnt it im happy with mine on cup dampers and h&r,s looking good id personaly get your wheels done white they,d look awesome imo