RSPez Storm Grey 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an update.

So it's looking like its the car will be written off.
What to do next with it?
What kind of price do you think il be offered?
Do I buy it back and part it?
All questions.

Pez

What an absolute bummer! All depends what they offer you, I hope you've been doing your homework on the market value?
Are you in a position to change from a Mk3 to something else?

What an absolute bummer! All depends what they offer you, I hope you've been doing your homework on the market value?
Are you in a position to change from a Mk3 to something else?

To be honest Miach I will probably just get a van, I really miss driving the Clio tho. I miss the revvy nature of it, even tho this Mini Cooper S is fun to drive and has loads of torque it seems a bit flat top end. (If that makes sence?)

Iv looked on eBay and auto trader and so on and the prices are so far and wide depending on spec and model.
I recon I'm going to be horrified when they give me my first offer anyway.
I would like to get another one but not sure if it's worth the hassle as Iv had a bad time having to replace loads of stuff ect ect.
I would probably buy it back due to having a lot of work done and possibly part it to try and make some money back or see if I can get something that needs the work Iv already done and change that parts over.

I do like the MK4's but I'm shy to drive a paddle box not confident in auto's and to be honest don't think I can afford one.

Maybe if the mini was mapped it would feel "Faster" or more "powerful" top end,

Turbo or stay N/A.
Fuel Eco isn't massive because the Clio returns better simlar to the Clio on a long run.
(Just using the mini as a base for turbo cars)
And I only live 4 miles from work.

Pez

I did wonder if that's the end of Mk3 ownership for you, as I know I personally couldn't go through the same experience of replacing bits and pieces again.
I can't rate the Mk4 highly enough, the auto box is great fun in all modes depending on your mood, >50% cheaper to tax, a 200T with a map will give such a hike in power, and you can immediately feel it's a modern hatch.
Not slating the Mk3, but for me I'd recommend the Mk4 as the natural progression from it. Obviously, it all depends on money, but if you can break it to make a little extra, it's well worth considering so you're not out of the RenaultSport game - be great to keep you around here.

Reactions: RSPez
Agree with Micah to a certain extent.
But if you’ve invested money and fixed all the common mk3 issues then you have a very capable car when repaired?!
Would love to know how much they ask for to buy it off them...

Reactions: Pav and RSPez
Possibly is the end Micah.
I'm sure in time will tell.
Maybe il get something cheap for the time being.

Pez

Agree with Micah to a certain extent.
But if you’ve invested money and fixed all the common mk3 issues then you have a very capable car when repaired?!
Would love to know how much they ask for to buy it off them...

Thanks Ben.
I guess I can always get another one and swap bits over where needed or if needed.
Sell what I don't need.
Il let you no what happens either way.

Pez

Reactions: Big Ben
Thanks Ben.
I guess I can always get another one and swap bits over where needed or if needed.
Sell what I don't need.
Il let you no what happens either way.

Pez
Cheers Pez

Good luck going forward mate

Reactions: RSPez
Absolutely gutted for you mate.

My advice would be to get something as a stop gap for the moment and make the decision later on. Will give you times to come to terms with it all and get your thoughts straight as there is probably a lot of emotion clouding your judgement right now. Give it some time I say.

Really hope it all works out positively for you.

they need some maintenance..they are getting old now and some parts changing is needed...

Gutted for you mate, I know what it's like to have a clio written off. I agree with mes, take some time to think about it rather than making any rash decisions.

Thanks guys.
I will hopefully be able to find a banger and keep the money in a car fund.
I'm pretty sure my mind is clouded.
I have had the chance to drive a 200 cup today. So that was nice to get behind the wheel of a Mk3 again although I think mine has had a remap because the cup didn't feel as quick.
Tho the steering felt a lot sharper which I loved, tho it dose have KW's on :wink:
They are getting on now your not wrong which isn't always a bad thing.
Il be looking for a bargain next time and also I now have knowledge to no what to look for :smile: :smile:

Thanks again guys.
Even if I don't get a Clio next il keep in contact with you all. By far the best forum Iv been on, from the lay out to the people 10/10.

Pez

Update:

Hi guys.

So after around 9 months the third party driver has admitted liability for the accident in January.
So that’s great as hopefully this will come to a close on the insurance front.

Tonight, MJ10AWY is back up for sale (Facebook, gumtree so far)after it’s been bought from an auction and repaired.

He states Minor panel damage when in reality the whole lot was creased and bent.

There is no mention of the rear beam being replaced or a gearbox replacement (was crunching)
Also the front rad frame is rotten

The is a weird paint mark on the boot and rust patch on the roof rail (not sure if they have been fixed)

There are two wheels which have been welded which the owner before myself had done (I found this out :worried:....)

The engine light is on and im not sure why I tried always to sort it but think it has something to do with the fuel pump when I replaced that.

So just a bit of a warning really as I don’t want any of you lot falling foul with a ringer.

On the plus side I’m still looking for a Clio.
Been to see a couple.
But a 172/182/197 or 200 is an option :smile:

Pez

Status
Not open for further replies.