RSPez Storm Grey 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only just caught up with this. Blue calipers look absolutely amazing mate. Really like them!

Fingers crossed you get to the bottom of the warning light asap and without any pain.

Reactions: RSPez
Little update.

EF04A58B-352D-43BB-8913-91ED16312AA9_zpsdrmcei4a.gif

So after 3 weeks of not really giving the Clio any attention due to this little lady coming to live with us today I replaced my thermostat.
What a silly place to put it.
It was easy enough to do mind.

Is there a bleed nipple anywhere apart from the one on the pipes at the rear of the engine bay?

Over the next few days I am going to be looking at sorting out parts for front wheel bearings and lower ball joints.
Would any one suggest any other items to be replaced while everything will be apart?

So far Iv come across these.
Can someone confirm that these wheel bearings and lower ball joints are correct?

FBADD6AF-CBC2-4003-AAEE-2E9E2DB25C07_zps8lihlbjy.gif

2F95ED3D-EFD7-44F9-808D-75474A563F9D_zpsdtrfcut1.gif

Pez

Okay.
So I'm not bothering with my photos.
I'm not in the right mood to go though my library at the moment and change them from PB to another photo sharing site.

On the plus side car is booked in on the 7th of August at Rentune for:
New lower ball joints
New front wheel bearings
New anti rotation links
New drop links

Pez

Update.

All work at Rentune in Leicester done.
So new ball joints, wheel bearings drop links and anti rotation links.

Can't thank the lads there enough were really friendly and have explained that the person who owned the car before me has possibly hit a curb as there was a hub carrier that was not correct for this model.
So he had replaced that with a refurbished unit he had in the workshop.
He also commented on how the car had the incorrect anit rotation links and drop links and has also said that the bottom arms will need replacing as the lower ball joint is slightly bent.

So the majority of the issues here have been sorted and I just need to sort out bottom arms.

He also plugged in to Renault Clip while I was there to see about the engine light and it came up with an Unknowen code. He's cleared it and it's come back.
The car dose not drive/feel any diffrent when driven he said he was impressed on his test drive with how it pulled and Stopped.
So all I have to go off is the check emissions on the dash.
He said the live feed on the 02 sensors is correct ect ect.
I'm starting to wonder if it is something to do with the walbro pump I have fitted.

Iv also just bought some braided brake hoses from hel which will hopefully be here tomorrow.

Pez

Sorry not been on here in a while.
Need to sort out all my pictures which is one of the reasons Iv not been about.
Hopefully get some stuff done this year.
It's time for a service.
Can't believe I have owned this car for 14 months,time flys.
Iv still not even done 10k :smile:

Pez

Reactions: Micah
Bad update.

Yesterday a bus side swiped (Drivers side) me coming up to a narrow junction,
He has not admitted it was his fault even tho he had cut the white line to swing in and was still on my side of the road with both front and rear wheels. (Bus full of school kids.)

First he touched my mirror and pushed that in and the has caught all
Of the rear arch/quater and rear bumper,
He's also caught the wheel which I'm not sure could have bent the rear axle, arm.

Insurance company has been informed and they are dropping a new Mini Cooper S off this morning at 9am.
Car will hopefully be collected in a few days but I'm 99% sure it's a right off due to the colour, damage and age of the car.

Will keep you updated.

kVxawT.jpg

Pez

Last edited:
Nooooo!
That is absolutely gutting mate, I did wonder if it would be written off as I was reading through it. This is part of the reason why I got a dash cam.
Hope you get a quick answer mate :worried:

Reactions: RSPez
Just had another look at the damage and the rear quater is rippled and creased.
The cooper has arrived. 1st thoughts I'm not a fan really.
This is going to kill me. I hate waiting around :/

Pez

good luck mate..i feel for you..hate when stuff like that happens..did you have a dash cam in your car???

Status
Not open for further replies.