Roll Cage installation

Not on a Clio, but on my E36 I just connect it to the buckle, well even then most times it's just loose and doesn't really swing about, you must be pulling some big cornering Gs on the road :tearsofjoy:

:tearsofjoy:I wish I could use that as an excuse!

Talk to me Adam :grinning:

Replace it with a set of harnesses.

If you’re not going that route, Maybe a Velcro tab on the buckle and corresponding piece on the B pillar to stick it to.

Oh sorry. I assumed you had harnesses!
Yeah I don't have the standard seat belts in my E36 so no idea sorry.

But yeah get harnesses, 4 points are easy to get on, I know many who run daily harnesses, I did in previous cars too.

I've seen people using sandwich bag clips that snap shut for this very thing. I've also seen people use sweat bands over the buckle so that it doesn't clang around so much.

I've just used mine for the first time on a commute to work with harnesses and it's honestly not that bad. You can get the clubman style ones with a belt style clip, mine is a 4 point aircraft style release and it's no bother at all in fixed buckets, surprising how comfy it actually is!

cheers guys, appreciate the responses =), its a very trivial thing, but now ive noticed it, i can un-notice it haha and will drive me nuts XD

Some clips to retain the seat belts [emoji102]
1513325c6365d33427d3fb49cbbf9ccd.jpg
fd1103516d76279df87f52ee18c60e2a.jpg
efb8458c5f4cf8755fd647f5b1e3385d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

We’re now going WAY off topic, but I don’t suppose you happen to have a design for the front brake hose brackets for 3D printing?

The previous owner of mine replaced the brackets with P clips when they switched to braided lines and they don’t hold the hoses out of the way of the wheel properly and they’re catching, especially on the wheel weights.

It seems you can’t buy the brackets separately to the hoses and it seems wasteful to buy replacements just for the brackets. 3E95E9EA-D5E4-40C9-91C7-C72072395E5E.jpeg

We’re now going WAY off topic, but I don’t suppose you happen to have a design for the front brake hose brackets for 3D printing?

The previous owner of mine replaced the brackets with P clips when they switched to braided lines and they don’t hold the hoses out of the way of the wheel properly and they’re catching, especially on the wheel weights.

It seems you can’t buy the brackets separately to the hoses and it seems wasteful to buy replacements just for the brackets.

You don't want to use plastic brackets here, as the heat from brakes (seeing as your car is going to be used on track) could cause it to melt. Also the movement of the brake lines / quick wheel movement left and right might snap the plastic.
It'd be easy enough to make out of some steel, make it out of cardboard (aka CAD...cardboard aided design) then once you have mimicked the shape you want, flatten it out on some steel and cut out, then bend to shape.
Then you can use that same CAD and bend it the other way to then do the passenger side of the car.

Reactions: adam thomas