Roll Cage installation

That seems about typical with how my mates was. If you’re keeping the interior there’s a different option to pick from when ordering through JP.

I know they do a stripped & a unstripped version of the cage. Sure yours is the unstripped version?

Haha thought you might say that! Sadly I've tried that too, starting to believe the cage just isn't right, the car hasn't ever been in an accident, but even if it was that twisted I'd be seriously worried , might take it back out and just enjoy my weekend lol! Thanks for the help though guys appreciate it muchly

Just one more, for the guys with JP Cages (according to the email this is a JP product), these plates came with it bolted to the bottom, now I just assumed you get the cage into position, drill the holes, and these bolt underneath the car then spray with with underseal, but do these look more like weld in plates to yourselves?
20210619_095529.jpg20210619_095524.jpg

Just one more, for the guys with JP Cages (according to the email this is a JP product), these plates came with it bolted to the bottom, now I just assumed you get the cage into position, drill the holes, and these bolt underneath the car then spray with with underseal, but do these look more like weld in plates to yourselves?
View attachment 146147View attachment 146148
They bolt underneath mate. My cage is closer to the passenger belt than the drivers too.

They bolt underneath mate. My cage is closer to the passenger belt than the drivers too.

Also dude, did you take all the foam out from under the carpet behind the seats, or just drill straight through and keep it all there :smile:? Excuse the noob questions

Also dude, did you take all the foam out from under the carpet behind the seats, or just drill straight through and keep it all there :smile:? Excuse the noob questions
The carpet and foam are removed and it’s all just metal on metal, seems safer to me that way.

yeah mate i thought exactly the same thing =). you have filled me with alittle confidence though to be honest, saying your cage sits alittle further over the passenger side also! ive dropped JP a message, i know they are super busy, but hopefully they can give me an answer, also after the yellow paint code too, need to touch mine up alittle

Hi guys, alittle update

I dropped Josh at JP cages a message, we have sent a few messages between us and i also sent him those pics, and from those pics he thinks he can spot a problem with them, he has agreed to make me a fresh one and get it sent out

Apparently this is a VERY rare occasion, and to be honest, i cant knock Josh's communication and helpfulness, hes been great and would highly recommend regardless =)

Reactions: TheRealDaveHedgehog
Hi guys,

First up, apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread haha, and secondly, I got in touch with Josh at JP Cages, with absolutely no arguments at all he made me a new cage, fit it today and the fitment was absolutely perfect! I'm not sure if he frequents the forums or not, but just want to thank him very much for his effort in replacing the cage for me, I couldn't ask for much more! Happy Dan :smile:
IMG_20210705_152912_421.jpgIMG_20210705_152912_442.jpg

Excellent news!
Gutting when things go wrong, but great that a company takes accountability and sorts it out.

You can’t ever stop there being issues 100% of the time, so it’s the way you deal with it that sets you apart.

Agreed dude! And I know how busy Josh and his team are at the minute so mistakes will be made, we are all human after all, can't knock his communication one bit though, even as busy as he is he still made time to reply as soon as he could so its a thumbs up from me :smile:

Here's a trivial question for the guys with Cages :smile:, other than connecting it into the buckle, have you guys found a way to stop the annoying passenger belt swinging and hitting the cage as you're driving along :smile:, not a biggy, could just turn the stereo up but rarely have that on haha

Here's a trivial question for the guys with Cages :smile:, other than connecting it into the buckle, have you guys found a way to stop the annoying passenger belt swinging and hitting the cage as you're driving along :smile:, not a biggy, could just turn the stereo up but rarely have that on haha

Not on a Clio, but on my E36 I just connect it to the buckle, well even then most times it's just loose and doesn't really swing about, you must be pulling some big cornering Gs on the road :tearsofjoy:

Not on a Clio, but on my E36 I just connect it to the buckle, well even then most times it's just loose and doesn't really swing about, you must be pulling some big cornering Gs on the road :tearsofjoy:
I might make a clip for it [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: suj