Roll Cage installation

Does anyone have a recommendations for a decent installer for a rear roll cage in Kent / South East

If anyone has had a cage installed recently, can you provide an indication of cost and timescale?

Cheers!

How long is a piece of string :smile: ?

Depends on the cage, is it pre-fabricated or will they be making it from scratch?
Is it a full cage or half cage?
Does the installation you need include welding?
Is the car already stripped?
Is it a dash dodger cage or will the dash need removing?
Do you need harness fixing points installing as well?

It will range from maybe a day's labour if you are supplying a half cage, present the car already stripped with everything removed, with pre-fabricated shaped mounting plates all the way through to £Ks if it is a full welded in cage with paint.

Intent is to have a pre fabricated half cage from JP Cages, SWMotorsport or someone similar.
I thought all cages required spreader plates welding in but SW Motorsports claim their cage requires no welding at all? (Does anyone have any experience with this?)

The car is already stripped and I’ll probably have harness points installed for a 4 point harness.

Intent is to have a pre fabricated half cage from JP Cages, SWMotorsport or someone similar.
I thought all cages required spreader plates welding in but SW Motorsports claim their cage requires no welding at all? (Does anyone have any experience with this?)

The car is already stripped and I’ll probably have harness points installed for a 4 point harness.

JP Cages do a bolt in one, it bolts to rear ISOFIX points, then you need to drill the front legs and put a spreader underneath (with sealant).

@adam thomas put one in his

(SWMotorsport probably do similar, hence why they claim this)

@adam thomas how did you find installation and did you do it yourself or is it a two man job?

I’m ok with a set of spanner’s but certainly no mechanic and would be working on my driveway with a jack and some axel stands…

@adam thomas how did you find installation and did you do it yourself or is it a two man job?

I’m ok with a set of spanner’s but certainly no mechanic and would be working on my driveway with a jack and some axel stands…
Yeah not too bad .

Front seats out job , can be done with 1 person but 2 makes it easier . The cage gets close to the screen so you need to be careful

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheRealDaveHedgehog
Following this, looking at a JP cage myself but not sure whether to fit it myself or not, Adam, do you have any pics kicking about from when you did yours? =)

alos if somebody could help me out, im after the cage in the first pic here where it bolts to the inner arches instead of the boot flooring like in the second pic, which option would i be choosing in the drop down link for that one?

alos if somebody could help me out, im after the cage in the first pic here where it bolts to the inner arches instead of the boot flooring like in the second pic, which option would i be choosing in the drop down link for that one?

I haven't got any fitting pictures sorry.

But for reference mine is unstripped bolt in cage .

So I guess the one you're after is for stripped cars [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

legend! cheers buddy! had a chat with the chap that runs JP yesterday, seems like a nice guy but very busy which is why im considering fitting it myself =)

1911D0A6-E40A-446D-8AE6-1613C1E9C8AE.jpeg

Just as a bit of an example on how the SW one fits...
Was real easy to do. There’s a spreader plate on the underside of the car with nuts welded to it. It was essentially the same for where the cage mounts in the back - I just had to remove the arch liners.
A lot of my mates have JP ones, and they are pretty smart. Look much tidier how they bolt into the floor too. It’s pedantic, but it really annoys me how my rear loop goes down to the arches so acutely.

In my opinion, it’s not the best of designs, but it’s certainly better than it not being there. At some point in the future I’d like to go to a ‘proper’ bolt in with weld in pedestals, or maybe a full weld in.

I had just got a response from Josh at JP Cages, so bonus points for actually responding, and doing so quickly!
Track Dynamics are genuinely reselling his cages. He’s not offering any discounts/price match at the moment so recommends purchasing through them!

Now, which colour to go with… :smile: