Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope you can get it sorted Pete, when I was building mine I was looking for circa 300bhp, and that's what I got, I tried 360cc injectors but went back to the 250 injectors as the car cold started and ran better.

Like I said, I think you've just had a lot of bad luck, but Ste is a reasonable guy, sure you two can sort it.

He is always very busy, but when it comes to it he'll sort it out - trust me!

I'm not sure on the fuel side of things as I never went that far, not sure if a bigger I tank pump & injectors are needed as shakey did?

Uncharted territory as far as I know? I think Wilson was doing some research

Any way I hope you can get things resolved

Cheers. Car is up for sale anyway so it's not the next person to sort out. From what Ste tells me, the car already has a high flow fuel pump and now uprated injectors, but at 317 they were being 98% maxed out. My target has always been 350/350 and I've always been guided by what Ste has told me...and he's always maintained that I didn't need to mess about with the fuel side of things on the car.

But the base is there for anyone who's brave enough to go down that route anyway. I can't justify ploughing another grand or so into the car. Think the Mrs would go potty :lol:

Cheers for the vote of confidence tho :smile:

Been there my self with cars in the past, my Lotus Exige S drove me insane for over 12 months, in the end it had to go!! It was it or my sanity!! Lol

Go but yourself a Megane 250, stage 2 it and you'll be miles happier [emoji106]

Been there my self with cars in the past, my Lotus Exige S drove me insane for over 12 months, in the end it had to go!! It was it or my sanity!! Lol

Go but yourself a Megane 250, stage 2 it and you'll be miles happier [emoji106]

Went to look at a LY 265 over the weekend. I'm sold already lol

I've always found Paul at RS to be full of BS, I've seen some of his files first hand, the hexidecimal is full of Henks signatures, so I doubt very much Paul does any mapping and is infact is just a 'dealer' of Henks

That's def not true. Andy and Henk mapped my car and it made 205bhp (****ing lousy). I took it to Paul (with a ****tier exhaust on actually and it was making only 195bhp at that point), and Paul mapped it to 215bhp. If I had a decent exhaust (i.e without the 10bhp deficit) then at the point I went to Paul I'm sure it would have made the 220bhp-225bhp the cams should have delivered. Regardless he delivered the results.

As for Henk's signatures in the Hex, as far as I understood what Paul was saying is that he uses Henk's software to map so I'm not surprised. After all Henk decodes the ECU's, writes the software and I expect as you say probably starts the ball rolling with the first maps that hit the market. However at that point I'd speculate Paul then uses those and the software but of course manipulates the fuelling and ignition tables etc to suit - and it is this that really counts not what's used to upload to and manipulate the ECU, thus leaving some signatures behind. So to suggest Paul doesn't map is simply not true.

That's def not true. Andy and Henk mapped my car and it made 205bhp (****ing lousy). I took it to Paul (with a ****tier exhaust on actually and it was making only 195bhp at that point), and Paul mapped it to 215bhp. If I had a decent exhaust (i.e without the 10bhp deficit) then at the point I went to Paul I'm sure it would have made the 220bhp-225bhp the cams should have delivered. Regardless he delivered the results.

As for Henk's signatures in the Hex, as far as I understood what Paul was saying is that he uses Henk's software to map so I'm not surprised. After all Henk decodes the ECU's, writes the software and I expect as you say probably starts the ball rolling with the first maps that hit the market. However at that point I'd speculate Paul then uses those and the software but of course manipulates the fuelling and ignition tables etc to suit - and it is this that really counts not what's used to upload to and manipulate the ECU, thus leaving some signatures behind. So to suggest Paul doesn't map is simply not true.

Rich, Paul openly admits to using Henks files! Ask him! Or someone tag him into this thread. Plus I've seen it with my own eyes, I have no reason to tell lies!!!

Plus on the subject of RS and Paul being the best, I saw the conversion he did on Jonsey's car, it was an absolute abortion of a job.....

I think after reading what everyone put and being totally unbiased, it's clear that what one guy can do for one isn't a general rule for all. It's like anything else, one good report is almost always followed by a bad one somewhere along the way.
Hope you manage to sort out your dispute Rogue.

I will add that naming and shaming is probably not the best route to go down though. Things can get very out of hand.
Funny because you did the exact same thing with the dealer you bought your car from recently.

Besides, I don't need to name and shame. Everyone knows who built my car so it's unavoidable.

Plus on the subject of RS and Paul being the best, I saw the conversion he did on Jonsey's car, it was an absolute abortion of a job.....
Jonseys was the first though was it not? You can't expect that to be a work of art...

You can't mate, but it was a ****ter!! Lol

Plus forgot to say on your water leak, we all had it, turned out to be a set a dodgy forge pipes!! I had it, angel had it and a few others!

We all had a few headaches, I think you've just had them all lol

Get shut, put it behind you!

My 'name and shame ' wasn't just aimed at you by the way. Others have also done it.
Yes onwards and upwards, glad you're selling the car cos you've been a right grumpy git[emoji12]

You can't mate, but it was a ****ter!! Lol

Plus forgot to say on your water leak, we all had it, turned out to be a set a dodgy forge pipes!! I had it, angel had it and a few others!

We all had a few headaches, I think you've just had them all lol

Get shut, put it behind you!

it wasn't a total ****ter tbh, the car is still going strong now and i am bet u my lifes wages, it will out last any other meg conversation out there.

Now, on to peter, i do believe there has been wrong on all parties here but, when you work on your car you need to know what your doing your self. I believe you hooked up a couples of pipes incorrectly which then puts the car in to a "safe mode" and limits the booooooost pressure.
Now this would be one of the reason why your car was running abit under the weather. Paul charged you to swap two pipes over that took him a matter of mins to do. Also, how much were your injectors? I can get them for £200 for the set. Are you then saying you paid £600 for a remap? If so, this must be the mother of all remaps for that price. I have known for years that paul uses Henks maps. My map was a map from henk.
I cant get the bit where is slates "his own map"? So SC supposedly loaded an RST stage two map on your car (pauls known for locking his maps btw), and paul slated his own map? Something isnt adding up here?
Going from Litchy's project thread, you knew your self, to get 350/350, you will need a new fuel system, end of no questions asked.

You've wrote this email and put your car up at the same time? Do you really think people will touch it after they have seen this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0