Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

i would be going to RSTuning in leeds.

im wanting to fit 402's but is it really worth it?

i know kevo had problems because of his induction set-up

i would be going to RSTuning in leeds.

im wanting to fit 402's but is it really worth it?

i know kevo had problems because of his induction set-up

TBH, don't know - never did work as they were supposed to so don't take my car as reference...

I was quoted £1k to supply and fit catcam 402 before i started with all my engine work, RS tuning seem to be pretty reputable and ive heard good things about there maps cannot comment on there work directly though as I have never used them. CTM glossop did all my work

I was quoted £1k to supply and fit catcam 402 before i started with all my engine work, RS tuning seem to be pretty reputable and ive heard good things about there maps cannot comment on there work directly though as I have never used them. CTM glossop did all my work

ah right thanks mate.

my mate works there so i will see what he says!

i take it if you get it mapped with cams in and the map keeps reverting to standard or what ever surley they will sort it FOC?

Should do mate, you've paid for a map to work and if it doesnt then they have not done what they said surly?

Some updates (don't want to write about the 3 engine failures I had this year alone and +£4500 that I've spent so far):

Front speakers Pioneer TS-Q131C (got them REALLY CHEAP!):

IMAG0551.jpg

IMAG0556.jpg

Front strut bar by Ultra Racing:

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0414.jpg

Front anti roll bar, Clio Cup racer 22mm:

IMAG0548.jpg

IMAG0549.jpg

Rear anti roll bar & 4 point strut bar by Ultra racing:

IMAG0669.jpg

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0687.jpg
Yes...the battery looks awful like that...will get it sorted...:smiley:

Painted the front grills & the rear diffuser:

Clio-197-grills.jpg

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0706.jpg

BEFORE:
26052010667.jpg

AFTER:
IMAG0705.jpg

The difference is really noticable in person - the car looks much better and the diffuser/grills kept their original texture.

Detailed the car 2 weeks ago - 9h of work:

IMAG0778.jpg

IMAG0785.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

IMAG0787-1.jpg

IMAG0788-1.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

IMAG0792.jpg

The car looks awesome! Really...I even managed to get rid of ~70% of swirl marks and I did it all by hand (without DA)!

It's so much easier to wash the car now, and to wipe it too...great result! I'm so sorry that there was no sun at the moment and I didn't have a better camera. :smile:

Last edited:
Summer setup:

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Winter setup:

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

@ 11AM:

IMAG0865.jpg

@ 2PM

IMAG0884.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

IMAG0885.jpg

What do I think?....needs getting used to it, but they look much better in person. To be honest, I kinda like them (usually I don't like matt black wheels).

IMAG0870.jpg

I had huge problems with removing the wheels - one wheel ring (front right) needed changing:

IMAG0876.jpg

IMAG0877.jpg

Copper paste:

IMAG0882.jpg

IMAG0871.jpg

IMAG0881.jpg

Brand new wheel bolts & rings:

IMAG0874.jpg

The car now has:

STOCK engine (no cams or head work anymore)
Clio V6 airbox & K&N panel filter
Matched/polished inlets
Y-pipe
decat by Miltek
Miltek catback
lightweight flywheel

Waiting for Paul to do his magic with the remap. :wink:

You still sitting on eibach pro springs?

Looks lovely dude! prefer the white to the black myself, but you got to keep them mint for the summer!! Good thinking!