Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

Looks wicked Raptor, Will be intereting to see the rolling road result.

How do they stop all the metal going into the engine?

Pete

They seal it off - tricks of the trade they say. :smile:

IMHO, the most important are the gains on the road that I got.

Unfortunately, I couldn't go on the Maha3000 dyno so I went on another one - IMHO, not so precise but I/we shall see...

Looks like a massive improvement on the inlets, wish I'd had mine done before the remap

They have told me to remap the car after the job is done but I wanted to see the gains just from the inlets. Will remap the car by the end of the week.

:bumpit: Any results yet?

Thinking about going on the dyno today or tomorrow...

Don't worry - will post the results, however, this dyno is not so precise as the MAHA3000 dyno that I used before (you shouldn't look at the final figures, only at the gain).

And I want the weather to be as same as possible.

EDIT: just looked at the weather forcast - will do it on Friday (-5 to -1C).

Last edited:
Monday, before the matched inlets (1°C):
188.29 bhp
209.22 Nm

Today, after the matched inlets (17°C):
191.29 bhp
212.00 Nm

The temperature difference has been taken into account.

Don't have the graphs with me, waiting for the email.

Car is running lean because of the extra air that I have now, but didn't want to remap it until I do the dyno testing. Probably will gain some more power when I add some more fuel.

any update on remap??

hi, have been thinking about maybe getting the inlets matched and then a checky remap,

have you any plans on a re map to see what is achievable with the inlets done?? and when??

thanks in advance

any update on remap??

hi, have been thinking about maybe getting the inlets matched and then a checky remap,

have you any plans on a re map to see what is achievable with the inlets done?? and when??

thanks in advance

I'm waiting for the Cam pulleys for a month now.

Probably will have some more updates next week.

Won't be doing the remap till I get the problem with the cams sorted out (hoping to get it sorted out with the cam pulleys).

If you're thinking about getting the inlets done - do it, and if you can - buy a Clio V6 Ph2 airbox with the high flow panel filter and then remap the car.

Finally:

I've been waiting for them since November 2010.

IMAG0174.jpg

IMAG0178.jpg

The white ones were 5x more :zomg: (attractive) than the matt ones. IMHO.

Still waiting for the Miltek decat (also ordered in November 2010 :smile: ) & the car ("playing" with cams & timing...).

Looks good mate. All this money on wheels, i would of thought you would of got your cams mapped properly 1st? :tongueout: White wheels for summer dude?

Looks good mate. All this money on wheels, i would of thought you would of got your cams mapped properly 1st? :tongueout: White wheels for summer dude?

I got the matt ones for the same amount of money that I got for the used OEM wheels. :smiley:

The car is at the mechanic since January 24th - will post results when finished.

Summer setup:

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6821.jpg

Since Jan 24th? Whats he doing with it mate!?

Don't get me started...:worried:

Having serious problems with the cam timing, exhaust valves (2 of them) were damaged...had to order new ones, I'm having some work on the head now (intake & exhaust valves...)...a lot of work & money spent...

He got sick - the flu - 12 days gone...

Wow mate sounds like he's really taking his time!! Whats up with the cam timing?

Wow mate sounds like he's really taking his time!! Whats up with the cam timing?

First cams were faulty, I got them replaced but the first tuner that installed them didn't install them correctly. Now he is fixing the problem...I feel like in a soap opera...