Renault Sport Clio 197 Racing Red

Getting ready for winter:

New Valeo X-trm wipers & K&N panel filter for the Clio V6 Ph2 airbox (AFAIK for the first time that anyone fitted the K&N panel filter for that airbox).

10112010470.gif

10112010471.gif

Got some LED for the rear light.

Last edited:
I noticed that you´re using Motul 300V 5W40 for your 197. Is there any noticeable difference if you compare this oil to standard Elf Excellium 5W40?

I noticed that you´re using Motul 300V 5W40 for your 197. Is there any noticeable difference if you compare this oil to standard Elf Excellium 5W40?

TBH, I don't know because I've been using from the beginning. I had ELF only for 3000km.

However, I have noticed lower oil temperature in my Cagiva Raptor 1000 V2 engine compared to the Shell Advance VSX. I'm using 15W50 Motul 300V in the Raptor.

All of my friends have nothing but praise for the 300V range compared to the other manufacturers, I heard good things about Silkolene though.

I had Silkolene 5/40 in my focus rs and it made a big difference, For one the car ran alot quieter and smoother, the car also felt more responsive, I just serviced the clio last week with millers so i'll how that goes,

Just ordered new wheels for the winter setup....

oz_ultraleggera_mblk_ci3_l.jpg

sold the OEM ones and bought these for the same amount. :biggrin:

Just ordered new wheels for the winter setup....

oz_ultraleggera_mblk_ci3_l.jpg

sold the OEM ones and bought these for the same amount. :biggrin:

How did you manage that?

The OZs are super expensive over here. You would never be able to swap OEMs for OZs.

Nice wheels though.

Thats good going to get them for the same amount! Nice swap IMO :thumbsup:

They will look really good on the car. I guess you are staying with 17" rather than going any bigger?

They will look really good on the car. I guess you are staying with 17" rather than going any bigger?

Yes, still staying with 17". Was thinking about the Alleggerita's because of the weight (these wheels will be for the winter/track setup later on) but they are soooooo damn ugly - IMO. :lol:

Don't worry mate I can agree with the Alleggerita's they are nowhere near as attractive as the Ultras. You have made the right choice, IIRC there isn't too much weight difference between the two anyway!? At least I don't think it is a difference that would be noticed whilst you were driving.

Just got the Megane RS 250 badge from a friend of mine - he had it on his car.

I'm thinking about putting it on the Clio...

It doesn't have any glue on it anymore - what do you recommend I should use as an adhesive?

Was thinking about some combinations like leaving only the RS symbol on instead of the whole thing.

Just got back from the testing of mine matched & polished inlets.

There is a picture comparing the two matched & polished inlets with the other 2 stock ones:

PC042435.jpg

PC042432.jpg

PC042447.jpg

PC042458.jpg

PC042464.jpg

PC052469.jpg

PC052474.jpg

They make a great difference - I was 4 lengths of a car behind my friends BMW E60 535d before - rolling start 2nd gear 55km/h and 3rd gear 100km/h.

After the matching and polishing the inlets i was only 1-2 lengths of a car behind the BMW. We tried from 0-180km/h and I was right next to his doors.

Will have dyno tests on Wednesday (before & after).

Great mod! Really worth it!

Also, I had the car weighted with the full tank:

Vaganje02122010_Clio197_1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks wicked Raptor, Will be intereting to see the rolling road result.

How do they stop all the metal going into the engine?

Pete