Rear Defuser/ Exhausts - like a clio cup

Hey

This is my first post here!

I've had my clio 197 for around 6months now and i'm getting a little bored of it! Mine is just a 197 so the exhausts are hidden and i'm not really liking that look. How much is it going to cost if i wanted my exhausts to show like a clio 197 Cup?

Cheers
Stuart

:welcome: mate
Bored with just the look or the whole 197 experience
you can get bolt on end bits for £60

Clio 197 Cup has the same diffuser as a FF 197, the 200 has a revised diffuser with visible / moulded in tailpipe trims. They are pretty expensive, expect to pay around £300+ for a used one.

As Roy said, you can get bolt on tail trims from Renault for around £60.

If you fit them properly and hide the fixings then they look spot on. Have them on mine for now until I can afford a K-Tec System... Cheap alternative to getting a new system or diffuser, plus genuine Renaultsport parts too so they're good quality and don't look gash.

Thanks!

I'm not totally sure, the whole experience i think. I had a Seat ibza desiel before was about 175bhp with 300fpt and it's just so different to drive, i'm also spending up to £15-20 a day on fuel sometimes :worried: ( 29mpg usually )

They look a bit " cheap and cheerfull " can i see a picture of them fittied on you car wills?

My options would be the following then.

- Full system with extend beyond the defuser.
- £300 for the cup defuser - am i right in thinking that even with that my tailpipes would still be too short to show
- Ebay tailpipes £60

I'll get one for you tomorrow and upload it dude. :wink:

Get onto Karl (GeekoTwingo, or something like that on here) at SMC Renault for the trims if you like them, top lad and great service; 01483 301 009

I was a bit dubious about them myself at first to be honest, but as long as you hide the clamp behind the diffuser you really can't tell they're bolted on unless you're about 3" from the back of the car and on your knees hahaha!!! I'm sure somebody on here has put them on without the clamps and not had any problems, they fit perfectly with them being a genuine part.

If you bought the 197 Cup diffuser, it'd be the same as what you have now.

The 200 diffuser has chrome trims already built into it, the exhaust still doesn't protrude through it.

Milltek systems are poo though lol.

I'll sell you some genuine tailpipes for £45 delivered. Perfect condition, had em on the car about 2 days and decided they didnt suit my style. Complete with clamps.

Only pic i have with them fitted im afraid, back when my car was only 2 days old and Completely standard lol!

DSC00588.gif

What a difference two years makes lol.

Ah i didn't know that...

Do any of them have the exhausts protruding?

Miltek cat back, hmm i wasn't going to go down the road of aftermarket exhausts with this car. Main reason is cost but i don't really want it to sound loud as i use my car for my work, although milktek are usuall the quieter ones.

Exhaust ips sound promising, looking forward to the picture tomorrow! :smile:

Only these tips or an aftermarket exhaust will protrude. :wink:

I'm not sure if they've changed the exhaust note ever so slightly, probably just a placebo to be honest.

I think the official exhaust tips are a bit too small. The milltek tips are 3" and are the perfect size, I'd be looking for some bolt on tips on ebay

Only these tips or an aftermarket exhaust will protrude. :wink:

I'm not sure if they've changed the exhaust note ever so slightly, probably just a placebo to be honest.

Lol and the affected airflow under the diffuser also induces oversteer, so i heard :wink:

Yeh ben i want to find some bolt on ones but wasn't sure what size i'd need, want them bigger than the standard ones!

Where you from Clone?

I had some Milltek tips welded to my original exhaust, but ended up buying a K-Tec slash cut exhaust so my old one's lying around in my shed. If you're not too far away i'd be more than happy to do a straight swap with you, you can have mine, get it fitted and drop your old one back to me. (The exhaust is in Oxford at my mums, but if needs be I can get it and bring it Birmingham way)

SP_A0469.jpg

DSC04520.jpg