Racing Blue R27 392/500 - 24/04/15 Polished up/Recaro bases changed over

Why didn't you paint the grilles you have? Renault plastics are crap and look bluey :worried:

Because in a minute they will be stone chip central and also when you buy new grills they actually are NEW. Brings the front end out so much better with the new black diamond.

Will post some pictures up tomorrow.

Going to do the rear diamond sometime in the morning i think so will post some photos up then

Someone said was it hard to do the front and the answer is no. Pretty easy just unclip the front bumper and pull it slightly to get your hand in and unclip the grills once this is done the job is easy!

All good :tongueout:

that cant have been cheap. how much are grills? i could do with some

Unfortunately your right. £80 quid for the grills and another £40 for the badge + holder!!!

When the parts guy read out the prices i simply laughed and handed him my debit card.

haha thats what i felt like when i ordered new tweeter grill for dash. £40 was ridiculous

Yeh gotta be done though hasnt it....lol

Still got to get the photos of the badge, will get round to it sooner or later!

What do people think of removing the renault sport badge on the bottom right of the boot? Or should it stay...

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

TOUR DE FORCE!!!!!!

Yesterday morning at 10pm myself and a friend (also named Dan) arrived at Tour de force and to be honest it was chilly haha but atleast no snow like today.

As you know, my R27 is standard for engine work with the exception of the ITG panel filter and the reason for this is i guess thats just as far as i want to and feel i need to go with it as it is indeed a quick car.

The megane on the other hand had a few "extra" little bits fitted here and there :tongueout:, for example a forge intercooler, new actuator and some other gubbins....and went on to make from 230bhp up to 265bhp and from 220ftlbs up to a staggering (and im bloody jealous) 350ftlbs!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say it is now a properly quick car but lets not let that over shadow the awesomeness of the R27!!!!

Quick megane photo.......!

IMG_0053.jpg

The guys there are pretty awesome! Matt who did my car mapping/tweeking clearly knows his stuff and im happy with the result, the car feels noticeably stronger than before without question. The rev range has been smoothed out whilst driving all the way through it, can absolutely feel the extra power and mid range response is sooooo much better!! Before and after graphs i do have photos of :tongueout:.....

In comparison to before the car felt good to drive no question about it but now it feels more......how can i put it.........of an animal?! It feels like it wants to just keep pulling through the gears even more than it did before.

To summarise the result:

1 - Improved response all the way through the range

2 - Limit raised to peak slightly higher along with the peak power, eliminating feel for needing gearchange as quickly

3 - Shift light raised to suit - Awesome!!

4 - Considerably smoother power delivery - flat spots eliminated - Awesome!!

5 - Good gains in BHP and Torque!

Here are the graphs showing before and then after the tweeking.....

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Standard print shows 187.1hp up to 193.3hp
Standard print shows 162.2ftlbs up to 166.3ftlbs

The fuel in the car at the time was Tesco Momentum 99ron.

As you can see i think the result is pretty good, Matt certainly thought it was a good one which i am pleased to hear haha.

And now for some photos of the R27 on the rollers having some tinkering.....Also if you wanted to see the new front diamond and grills ive recently fitted as said about previously then you can pretty much make out the fresher front end from these pictures.... :wink:

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

All in all a great day had by all, top guys there and top equipment. Alot of experience there by all accounts. Whilst chatting through the day it seems i may have obtained a quote for supply and fit of KWV3's......but thats an after christmas job :wink:

Let me know what you think!

Cheers all.

Gotta agree they know their stuff! I had my remap done by matt too, you have about 1bhp more than me before and after lol

I also got a quote for KW V1 and V3, still trying to decide what to do. Might have to wait a while though, just bought some 2-piece discs from chappo

very nice, mind if i ask how much they charged you?

Thanks! And i have PM'd you with details!

Gotta agree they know their stuff! I had my remap done by matt too, you have about 1bhp more than me before and after lol

I also got a quote for KW V1 and V3, still trying to decide what to do. Might have to wait a while though, just bought some 2-piece discs from chappo

Yeh i saw your thread haha! Matt just said V1's wont be much of an improvement over the already well set up cup pack so i think its going to be V3's or not at all they way its looking at the moment :tongueout:

Looks like the cars coming along extremely well - very impressive 8)

Thanks very much, just a pitty about the weather!

Thanks for comments guys, going to get some white leds for the sidelights to get rid of the horrible yellowy bulbs that come as standard. 501 fitment, got plenty in the interior lights (doors and f+r roof lights) just wish i had ordered 2 more for the front! Wasnt engaging brain properly at the time i dont think :bash:

Cheers

Yeh i saw your thread haha! Matt just said V1's wont be much of an improvement over the already well set up cup pack so i think its going to be V3's or not at all they way its looking at the moment :tongueout:

Sort of what I was thinking! Could get V1s and then find they're not quite to your taste (too hard/too soft) and theres nothing you can do about it!

Were you going to go for the full blown setup (corner weighting etc) or just a simple install and set ride height?

dan, what did u do to your megane, to get such power?

Bigger intercooler and actuator with some other little bits here and there, it's decatted too with standard exhaust otherwise. Make no mistake this megane is properly rapid now it is literally ridculous, we went out for a blast in it when we got back and it simply eats tarmac.

Sort of what I was thinking! Could get V1s and then find they're not quite to your taste (too hard/too soft) and theres nothing you can do about it!

Were you going to go for the full blown setup (corner weighting etc) or just a simple install and set ride height?

V3s for the adjustability definitely, come highly recommended from matt at Tdf too and he seriously knows his cars. The quote I got was for supply and fitting plus setting up in rebound, compression and ride height, did ask about corner weighting and they said no point as will not see a benefit for daily use! Just so you know......that particular advice came from tdf's very own setup guy..........who just happens to be ex formula 3 race technician and setup staff matt said!!!! So who better to do v3's!!

he says also other gubbins, what other gubbins :tongueout:

Nothing crazy, will try and find out soon for you if anything but he didn't mention anything else. Itg panel filter too I guess with cold air feed :wink: haha. The forge intercooler looks the dogs bollix and real big!!