Racing Blue R27 392/500 - 24/04/15 Polished up/Recaro bases changed over

Hey there everyone,

Finally got round to actually taking some photos. Although they are only taken on my phone but meh........what can you do!

Really enjoying the Clio so far and am currently half way between £600 worth of Pioneer h/u with adapters and front components or even more money on KW V3's as my first mod.

Currently the car has got 23k on the clock and i have owned it about 5-6 weeks. Originally came over from Northern Island and this explains the odd number plate. Personally i like it because you just dont see them :smiley:

Usual R27 spec with xenons/recaros/cup pack etc and i have to say i am loving the drive you get into when gunning it about abit.

Seems to still have its rattles but this comes as no surprise i guess as most cars especially french ones do haha. At the moment i cant work out if my rear seats are creating a sort of echoey bom bom bom noise when going slowly through areas with speed bumps/uneven road surfaces. I dont get any noise when driving normally or at speed so i guess should be all good.

Let me know what you think. Personally i absolutely love the colour and i am led to believe this is one of only thirty six R27's in racing blue so on that basis i guess i am fairly lucky!

Photos........The first one is after a couple of layers of Dodo Juice to show how the rain water beeds together. I gotta say the Banana Armour im using is very very good indeed, especially when washing/drying the car. The dirt just comes right off and drying is silky smooth.

Anyways here goes.....

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01905.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01909.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

Excuse the tree.....

DSC01914.jpg

DSC01915.jpg

DSC01916.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

Hope you all like!

Last edited:
looks great mate. . . .. . get some air in that front right tyre lol

looks great mate. . . .. . get some air in that front right tyre lol

Thanks!.......thing is thats got 34psi in it!! What pressures are we all running? I will check it again tomorrow to make sure.

Spacers are 25mm Eibach's.

Hey again.....

Car is abit dirty at the moment, think i will be cleaning it soon if the weather stays overcast.

Went to Smiths Renault this morning after i rang them about the Renault Sport exhaust tips. Cheapest i found for genuine items was Ebay brand new at £60 + postage. Renault wanted £70 picked up so i took a drive down and fitted them when i got back.

Here is the result.....

DSC01925.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

I have a friend down the road from me who is intent on getting me to buy a Quaiffe LSD. Does anyone have one of these fitted? What do they feel like to drive with?

He did mention that it will feel like it will pull you through a bend when the power is transferred through the wheels etc, having said that, he's lucky enough to drive a UK 1 of 422 M3 CSL's........

All comments welcome......

Hey everyone,

Just thought id post a few more pictures up.

To be honest i can see this thread turning into more of a progress thread so if a mod wants to move it to the progress thread page then please do.

Since my last update i have bought one of these :smiley:

DSC01975.jpg

Gotta say, probably the best small mod you can do to these cars isnt it? After fitting i took the Clio out for a small run and didnt really expect anything from the ITG but have noticed a better throttle response and some nice extra noise from the front of the car when accelerating. Seems more throaty to me for sure.

So all in all pretty happy with that.

Some more photos of the Clio on a rainy day to follow.

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01928.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01930.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

And some more just after cleaning at a freinds house. At this point i still had the 25mm Eibach spacers on. They have since been taken off because of the apparent handling issues they can cause. Since having taken them off i do see why people recommend to not have them on. The car does feel tighter without them. However it did look good with them so i really dont know. I am in two minds very much about it at the moment. Part of me wants them and a part of me doesnt.

To be fair i think coilovers with no spacers will solve everything!!

Anyways here goes....

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

Some of them may be a little poor as my camera phone is average. Need to get to a meet and get some proper ones taken me thinks. :wink:

A parking shot...and some in better weather out in the country near where i live. These photos are without the spacers now.

DSC01955.jpg

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01961.jpg

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01963.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

Seriously am thinking about coilovers now. Have heard that on the road there is no need to have the KW V3's... is this indeed the case? Is it better to buy V1s or H&R's?

The V1's and H&R's are not adjustable in damping ofcourse however the word on the street is that the V1's spring rate is 50nm where as the H&R's is 80nm.

All advice welcome as always....Thanks!!:bounce1:

Last edited:
Looks much better without spacers!

Search for the coilovers, theres loads of threads. A good one at the moment on them in the suspension section.

Thanks guys!

And yes, going to have a read about the coilovers. So tempting. I am also looking into getting a remap. :wink:

Hey all,

I bought the following......

DSC01988.jpg

DSC01984.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

DSC01985.jpg

And then with a bit of this......

DSC01986.jpg

This happened.........!

DSC01982.jpg

DSC01981.jpg

Will post up more pics when fitted to the car tomorrow.......its had more than two days for the lacquer to set properly now.

Cheers!

Thanks!.......thing is thats got 34psi in it!! What pressures are we all running? I will check it again tomorrow to make sure.

Spacers are 25mm Eibach's.

33 in front. i take it, it was a cold day cus it looks flat as a pancake lol

Small update, been into Renault today and placed an order for the two front grills and diamond badge holder. Reason being as they are all pretty faded and think some new ones will freshen up the front end alot and go better with the black diamond ive recently painted.

Picking them up friday morning and fitting on sunday along with painting the rear diamond too. Photos will be up shortly after this. Still loving the R27 although it needs a bloody good clean lol.

Small update, been into Renault today and placed an order for the two front grills and diamond badge holder. Reason being as they are all pretty faded and think some new ones will freshen up the front end alot and go better with the black diamond ive recently painted.

Picking them up friday morning and fitting on sunday along with painting the rear diamond too. Photos will be up shortly after this. Still loving the R27 although it needs a bloody good clean lol.
Hello mate,

Can you let me know how tricky you found the rear diamond and front grills to remove/refit? Want to get the set (Front/Rear Diamond, Grills -Front and arch and diffuser) and gloss them up:thumbup:
Ta