Racing Blue R27 392/500 - 24/04/15 Polished up/Recaro bases changed over

Just a quick update!

Bought one of these.....

5dc18745.jpg

And it looks like that with out the facia adaptor. When i received it i couldnt believe that the little piece of rubbish would actually sort out that monstrous gap shown in the photo above.

So on i went and tryed to fit it....unfortunately the whole lot has to come out and you will need to disconnect all the wires and stuff attached etc etc as the cage that holds the HU in place needs to also come out.

On that basis heaven forbid you did a good job fitting the cage as all that work now needs to be undone.....so go ahead and unbend all the bendy bits to get the thing out again!!! As you can tell i wasnt best pleased! But then i guess its my fault for fitting it without it on in the first place!

Fitted it does look alot better:

88bac3ab.jpg

Youd never have thought that the piece of 'rubbish' actually works a treat :wink:

I routed the iPod/iPhone cable through a small hole i drilled in the side of my glovebox alongside the back of the unit so that i can pull the cable through and then another one on the bottom of the glovebox so it comes out underneath the box. That way i can pull it up to where my phone sits in its holder which is fixed to the underside of the centre console as there is just enough room to get a suction cup on there! This can be seen in the photos. Works quite well because you cant tell where the lead is coming from just that its coming from somewhere under the glovebox.....not a gaping hole in the front of it for example.....or crudely sticking out the side of the glovebox when shut :wink:

I posted on here to get the link for the right part to make this work and like i said when it comes through you simply cant believe that it will be the right one and sort the problem out but it actually does.

The part number is - autoleads FP-08-01

The link for it on eBay is - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250455631603?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The Alpine unit itself is the IDA-X305s and is a smart unit. This one is designed to work with iPhone/iPod/usb device etc and has a great menu function for scrolling through all your songs and play lists you have.

The SQ is great on this unit much better than anything i have previously had. It has a full speed USB connection which loads to the unit really nice and quick when scrolling through all the songs etc. One of the reasons i chose this unit is that it has a 24-bit burrbrown DAC converter which provides awesome sound. Coupled with the Renault specific Pioneer - Q131C components i know im getting the best out of them at the moment.

One of the things i would say about this unit or any higher end unit that your intending on playing through your iPhone/iPod/USB is that it makes the best use out of the 'Apple Lossless' files you can have on your iTunes.

This file type is much higher quality than the standard bitrate you might be importing onto iTunes at 256kbps. In alot of cases you will see over 1000kbps through Lossless and this provides much tighter sound quality. Another point worth mentioning is that because of this your able to really pump up the unit and it doesnt distort.

The only issue with this is that you take up considerably more room on your device but honestly the difference is very good - if you appreciate that sort of thing.

Just waiting on the steering wheel control adapter to come through in the post now - hopefully here today!

Thats it for now!

Last edited:
More photos!

Had another go with some 4" pads today with my G220 and got some decent results!

I'm still learning tbh but getting on better now.

1856a774.jpg

342a329c.jpg

638506ef.jpg

60ba7d7c.jpg

15978b96.jpg

Took me long enough to get it looking like that. These are just iPhone photos though tbh. Been out with a mate tonight and took some high res shots on his awesome camera so will get those posted up soon!

Let me know what you think :smile:

Another update!

Been looking about for a while now trying to find a cheap one of these:

79d1e0df.jpg

But after a week of looking and wanting it more and more each day I just admittedly gave in and bought it lol!

This bit of kit plugs into your alpine headunit and then into the wiring harness and whatever steering adaptor you might have will still work etc etc.

The benefit of this bit of kit is that you end up boosting the output of your audio from a standard 18w rms per channel (50 watt max) on an aftermarket head unit to 45w rms per channel (100 watt max). Basically more than doubling your output and at the same time cleaning up your audio signal even further through alpines amplifier unit.

The great thing about this is that it's plug and play and I mean literally. There is nothing to screw into any connections or any faffing about, just need to decide where to mount the unit.

Like here.......

ce0d5034.jpg

Some retailers will tell you this will go behind the headunit due to the size but trust me it wont in the Clio.

Love having this fitted to my stereo system now it's made everything sound even better than before! I need to uprate the rear speakers in the near future to something that can pack some more punch than the paper cones. I have pioneer Renault components in the front as you all know.

Brilliant really as I find this eliminates the want for a sub (if you have that bug) because the bass response is even tighter now even from 13cm mid woofers! By doing it this way you dont add loads of weight to the car with complicated wiring/bigger amps/woofers and woofer boxes.

Would recommend to anyone with an ear for good sounding audio. 45w rms per speaker is definitely enough for a car like the Clio!

Lemme know what you think!

Cup racer front arb should be fitted tomorrow at 519 automotive which should also be good :wink: until then......