R/B 19/05 Nurburgring prep !

:worried::worried::worried:

Better luck for next weekend though dude :smile:

Yeh got to find out what the part is called first it's like an anti roll bar link but it goes from the hub to the lower arm ??? Anyone have any ideas

Called Renault today for what they call a "pivot" which links the front wishbone to the hub they want £48+ vat each !!!! For a drop link !! We need sone dealers discount .....

Right then right then right then , yesterday was amazing .

I'm really sorry if there are loads of mistakes in this I'm trying to type this on an iPhone !
It started at 5am ! I woke up and left off and drove to cadwell park it was so foggy I could hardly see where I was going on the way there ! Gladly though it cleared when we were almost there . To be honest I thought the area lincon would be flat boring and well yeh boring but the views and roads near cadwell are amazing it was so hard not to drive like a loon on the way there.

I got there in good time waited around met the organisers etc etc . The briefing and stuff was as layed back as could be then there were the familiarisation laps x 3 . To say I was nervious was an understatment anyway I'm waffeling ....

Had a great day got some tuition which made a huge diffrence I was alot quicker afterwards .... The Clio was amazing truly levels of grip were huge and I was managing to keep with so nice cars of a similar nature . So all was good.

One big thing which I felt let th Clio down was it seemed to suffer badly from heat soak or is it soke ? After a few laps say 9-10 I'd come in leave it half an hour then go back out fo th first few laps it seemed fine but then once it started to get hotter it seemed like there was less power I'd come in from the track open the bonne and everythingthe intake pipes the pipe such runs across the front the air box itself was hot really hot . This is the only thing I can think of that would affect the powe out put .
So obviouslly need to sort something out with regards to that asap so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Basically cadwell is amazing , the Clio was amazing , and the weather was rosey !!

It's certainly an addictive little car out on track isn't it.

I've never noticed heat soak before and Knockhill has a really steep pit straight. It's usually turbo cars that suffer from it.Have you changed your inlet pipes or is it standard ?

Any pictures from the day ? I'm heading off to Knockhill in 20mins for an afternoon session :smiley:

Some pictures from the day

P3110544.jpg
P3110699.jpg
P3110710.jpg
P3110711.jpg
P3110720.jpg
P3110792.jpg
P3110802.jpg
P3110853.jpg
P3110854.jpg
P3110871.jpg
P3110872.jpg

Mark still tuning standard inlet hoses do you think switching to silicon would help there was deff a big diffrence when it got hot power wise. What inlet do you have mark ? Standard ? Have you removed that pice of plastic blocking the inlet behind the front grille

My engine is completely standard mate (ITG panel filter) along with the standard exhaust.

I thought if you had changed the inlet hoses maybe the heat was causing them too warp.

Cracking pics too, your car looks awesome with the white wheels 8)

Hmm strange then.....

Maybe I was not letting it cool down enough I was going fairly hard all day lol

I will be researching some intake options though I also have an itg filter so should be the same as yours I may look at re routing the main inlet pipe to give a perm cold air feed. I would do the v6 air box thing but want to keep everythingnin the normall place so it's easier when I sell it ... Which will be never lol I love it

I'm doing Anglesey in august mate if you fancy it suposed to be a good track should be as I'm driving 4 hours to get there !

Last edited:
How long were the stints that you were doing ?

I only ever do 20mins at the most. Mostly 15mins then get out have a wait about watching the others or chatting away for about 15mins then back out.

Theres a day up here in August so I wont make that but I might cancel that to make the last RS trackday at Silverstone.

The V6 airbox would be brilliant but its a lot of hastle.

Yeh i do about the same stints 15-20 mins . Maybe I'm just being paranoid ?!?

I would do the rs trackdays but we will have to see money wise

I'm doing Anglesey in august mate if you fancy it suposed to be a good track should be as I'm driving 4 hours to get there !

And you might be doing somewhere else in June :wink::wink:

Looks like fun, I am too scared to take mine on a track lol!!!!

How long were the stints that you were doing ?

I only ever do 20mins at the most. Mostly 15mins then get out have a wait about watching the others or chatting away for about 15mins then back out.

Theres a day up here in August so I wont make that but I might cancel that to make the last RS trackday at Silverstone.

The V6 airbox would be brilliant but its a lot of hastle.

Go for it mate. We will be there also.