R/B 19/05 Nurburgring prep !

A2ON

Platinum Member
Right I had better start one of these as it seems to already be running away with itself. !!!

I brought this Clio 197 from my local Renault main dealer on the 13/02/2010

the car has 1 owner from new who was a member of renaultsport forum
it's covered 40 k
It's a 2006 56 plate
air con
tinted rear windows
White wheels
yellow brembo's

that's about it really I brought the car to makemy commute to work a little more fun and to be honest i had no idea what a cool little car this was or even how good it was.

Some pictures of the day I got it ...

af022b53.jpg
06630515.jpg
ef3b979e.jpg

Last edited:
Next .... I saw a itg panel filter for sale on the for sale section of this site and decided to buy it . I had done a fair bit of looking at what the most cost effective and most common option was and this seemed to be it so a few days later this arrived

804fd65a.jpg

I fitted it a few days later despite the car having a full service before I picke it up once the itg was fitted there is a noticable reduction in the sevarity of the dreaded flat spot at low revs and there is also more torque down low. I was very suprised as I thought just a panel filter would not do much but I was wrong .......

Next I was browsing through the forum and spotted "c197mojo" I think that's how it's spelt / had a carbon intake for a front grille, at first o was not sure about the idea but when I saw it fitted although it's a bit strange at first not having matching grilles I thought well if it's practical and helps induction let's get one ... So after speaking to exon on here I chose to get a carbon one the day after I payed this arrived special delivery ...

de481b0e.jpg
7c527410.jpg
c87ec2b8.jpg

the quality of this is great I'm really pleased with it an to be honest for what i payed for it was a bargin I have not fitted this yet bit hope to do so soon.

NEXT **** a couple of days ago "jase" from the forum posted up a thread on the eBay section about some kw variant 3's on eBay which the guy wanted a grand for tbh I had been saving for some wheels but when these came up I had to put a bid in it was a startig bid on eBay of £1000 but he guy had put his mobile number on the add so I text him and offered him £600 a few days passed and I hurd nothing and had all but forgoten about these then yesterday I get a text saying if it was a genuie offer let's do it !!!

So I got the cash out and drove down or should I say drove sideways to Bristol to go and pick these up

9a5a8122.jpg

they are in great condition and there was a genuine reason for sale as the guy is selling his car. I was a bit nervious about buying them as they wrt used but they had only covered 7 k on his car and are not even a year old. BARGIN !!

I have a track day on the 11th at cadwell park so these will be fitted and set up this weekend should make a huge diffrence. I won't be dropping it to much as o. Saturday me the Missus and the two kids go out to the shops in the 197 :wink:

great deal for £600 on the coilovers.
just shows it pays to be cheeky.

Im glad you got the KW's mate its a great bargain! A least it shows there are good deals to be had! I cant wait to see the pics with them fitted!

Look what arrived today ! It's not as big as it looks honest

1e83fac7.jpg

t minus 3 days till coilover fitting date ...

The post man brought afew more goodies today ready for fitting tomorow (Sunday)

fabf3ea8.jpg
1251aa2e.jpg
66cb491e.jpg

6k HID kit

6a49b9f7.jpg

cg lock ready for cadwell on the 11/03/2010

Can't wait for tomorow when all this and the coilys go on !

Post some piccys up of you fitting the HID kit will you please mate....i've got some and i cant get the original bulbs out of the lights.

Well I have to ask, what is a CG Lock??? What does it do?

The HIDs are going to look great too!

Right off I go to get all my gear fitted will update on
my return....

Thanks for all the nice comments so far guys.

I keep it short as I'm pi**ed to say the least ! Coilovers can not be fitted due to a seized lower link rod ball joint.

No chance any one is going to have then on stock I don't think so looks like these will have to be fitted next weekend.

Which means they won't be on for the track day which is anoying to say the very least