Photo Of The Month Chat

I thought it would have all the votes. I think it's amazing. I'm also surprised that Best's photo doesn't have more votes too.

After seeing Cash's effort I'll not be taking part anymore.
Not like his photo is winning by a clear mile though so its not all about photoshop, its joint 1st :wink:
I thought it would have all the votes. I think it's amazing. I'm also surprised that Best's photo doesn't have more votes too.

Historically though guys, it's not the flashiest or most expensive set up that wins. We've had camera phone pics easily beat pictures taken on ££££'s worth of DSLR. Like all photography it comes down to planning, preparation, setup, and LUCK! Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time to get a winning picture, other times I've spoken to members who have spent hours and days looking for the right shot.

These chaps have top cameras and know how to use them wish i had there skills:thumbup:might just invest in a good camera my self.

They sure do. But the POTM is a broad church. I've changed the rules slightly recently to make sure that it's just as fair for people with lots of kit and knowledge as it is for people with an iPhone. I don't want to exclude either, the votes decide it. :smile:

Historically though guys, it's not the flashiest or most expensive set up that wins. We've had camera phone pics easily beat pictures taken on ££££'s worth of DSLR. Like all photography it comes down to planning, preparation, setup, and LUCK! Sometimes you're just in the right place at the right time to get a winning picture, other times I've spoken to members who have spent hours and days looking for the right shot.

They sure do. But the POTM is a broad church. I've changed the rules slightly recently to make sure that it's just as fair for people with lots of kit and knowledge as it is for people with an iPhone. I don't want to exclude either, the votes decide it. :smile:

With you on all this Rob the more good shots the better IMO:thumbup:

Having a R.S. Clio Also helps entering the competitions lol

to be fair to Tom hes worked hard over the last 3 years starting from vary basic to now producing some amazing shots fair play to the lad for all the effort he has put in to get the shots he gets.

And hes got my vote this month as i have said to him i think that shots worth a magazin place :thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind words people! I'm very flattered by many of the posts.

its not all about photoshop, its joint 1st :wink:
But I've got to be honest and say that I resent comments like this...

Photoshop or my camera didn't make my picture a good picture. I did.

After a 40 minute drive to location, I spent three hours in a cold car park, messing with settings on my camera to ensure my image was the sharpest it could be whilst ensuring I had complete separation from the background. After spending 20 minutes trying different compositions, I also spent an age configuring the rig, whilst trying not to dent my car or break my camera.

.... And that was before I even got the pictures off the SD.

This is what the rig looks looks like when on the car:

1619365_704987676188545_584325782_n.jpg

It's no easy feat taking pictures like this.

And yes, I used Photoshop - but implying that is the reason behind a good photograph is far from fair.

To be fair mate, you could do with learning to use it yourself - your white balance is off. Unless you have a blue number plate?

Like Lee said, I'm no pro - I only bought my first SLR in April 2012 and I've spent a lot of cold and rainy days practising my technique. I am a programmer for a living, so it's hardly like I have any more of an advantage over anyone else. It's just hard work and commitment.

This is a Photography competition and good photographs aren't just taken - they're made!!

Thanks for all the kind words people! I'm very flattered by many of the posts.

But I've got to be honest and say that I resent comments like this...

Photoshop or my camera didn't make my picture a good picture. I did.

After a 40 minute drive to location, I spent three hours in a cold car park, messing with settings on my camera to ensure my image was the sharpest it could be whilst ensuring I had complete separation from the background. After spending 20 minutes trying different compositions, I also spent an age configuring the rig, whilst trying not to dent my car or break my camera.

.... And that was before I even got the pictures off the SD.

This is what the rig looks looks like when on the car:

1619365_704987676188545_584325782_n.jpg

It's no easy feat taking pictures like this.

And yes, I used Photoshop - but implying that is the reason behind a good photograph is far from fair.

To be fair mate, you could do with learning to use it yourself - your white balance is off. Unless you have a blue number plate?

Like Lee said, I'm no pro - I only bought my first SLR in April 2012 and I've spent a lot of cold and rainy days practising my technique. I am a programmer for a living, so it's hardly like I have any more of an advantage over anyone else. It's just hard work and commitment.

This is a Photography competition and good photographs aren't just taken - they're made!!

...so please quote the part where i said "your photo is only good because of photoshop"? Think you'll find i didnt say its down to PS alone, i said its not all about photoshop, implying there are many other factors which go into making a good photo - of which you have listed in your reply.

As for the 'white balance being off' i couldn't careless, i didn't edit the picture, nor did i even take it. A friend who is into his photography ( [MENTION=4601]Stephen[/MENTION] ) took it and uploaded

I really cant be bothered to read your post again and reply so ill leave it there and get into bed....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 3
Robo_#1 Gallery 0
Robo_#1 Gallery 0
mingernick Gallery 5
Roy POTM Archives 10