Photo Of The Month Chat

I was on route to get photos this morning....then got crashed into, which will probably write my car off :worried:

A tool in a L200 stopped in a main road in front of me. No reason for him to stop and he didn't indicate. So I indicated and accelerated to go around him, to which he hasn't checked his mirrors and turned right....not happy and gutted!
image_zps92e356f3.jpg

In result I have camber!!

image_zpsaf0db69d.jpg

snapped lower carriers, steering rack, drive shaft and loss of brake pedal so it's probably blown something!

image_zpsaf0db69d.jpg

snapped lower carriers, steering rack, drive shaft and loss of brake pedal so it's probably blown something!

Gutted for you mate! lovely car there ruined by a prick! @Robo_#1 think you should still put this in for POTM jan :wink: haha, enter it in leeboy

sh*t Lee! Really sorry to hear that mate! :worried:

I've moved the "chat" stuff through to here guys to keep the proper thread tidy :smile:. Keep the entries coming!

image_zpsaf0db69d.jpg

Ouch! Feel sorry for you!

The truck driver admitted full responsbility etc and so claiming off his insurance?

My friend had a crash in the exact same way, the person pulling out didnt admit liability and my friend was then put at fault because he was on the other side of the road tryingto swerve round them so said to be obstructing on the wrong side of the road.

He initially said that he didn't indicate or check his mirrors

after 10 minutes or so, he had realised what he had said and started going ape, that it was my fault and that what I had done was wreck less and I had shown lack of due care and attention. An old man walking by, overheard the argument and claimed that he hadn't seen the accident but had noticed that I wasn't speeding. I've got his details, so that should help!

Car goes to be assessed tomorrow, which leaves me thinking it will be write off.
n/s headlight ( Xenon and cornering)
both wings
front bumper
both fog lights
3 wheels
both hub carries
two driveshafts
set of discs as they OSF shattered
grilles and other bits.....

anyone care to guess what that's going to cost? Plus labour, hire car fees and waiting around for bits?

So almost three days on, the car has been taken off to be assessed today. But it seems that the complete tool that drives the L200 hasn't notified his insurers that he has been in an accident! So this leaves me in a bit of a situation, where there is no party to claim against.

Now ow im wondering that if he has realised that he has a problem. His car is registerd as a company car and my insurer knows that the car is insured with NFU....possibly not allowed to use it during weekends?

So almost three days on, the car has been taken off to be assessed today. But it seems that the complete tool that drives the L200 hasn't notified his insurers that he has been in an accident! So this leaves me in a bit of a situation, where there is no party to claim against.

Now ow im wondering that if he has realised that he has a problem. His car is registerd as a company car and my insurer knows that the car is insured with NFU....possibly not allowed to use it during weekends?

Becoming hassle!

Hope its all goes smooth and you get it all sorted soon!

Sorry to here about the crash.

January's 3rd entry...what an amazing photograph. Can we verify that it's not been photoshopped (jokes).

It's truly an amazing photo!

I'll be having a look through Tom Cash's collection on flickr tonight.

Funny you should mention that Bryan. I've been thinking of tweaking the rules a little with regard to image editing for a while. Essentially I want to keep this as a photography competition not a photoshop competition. However in almost all forms of photography there is an element of 'post production'. I've changed the rules to allow some minor tweaking/enhancement of the image, so long as it doesn't completely change its theme or add elements/concepts that weren't in the original capture. I will have final say on what is/isn't permitted for each competition though.

RULES:
- Only minor photo editing is permitted, this can be done to enhance the original image, but cannot be used to deliberately change its 'theme' or original concept. So no adding in different backgrounds, changing the colour of your car etc. This is a photography competition not a Photoshop competition, although some 'post production' is permitted.

I like the sound of the amendments. It would allow those who need it to make little adjustments where needed.

I hope no one abuses the changes though.

Some cracking entries this month, i could have voted for several.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 3
Robo_#1 Gallery 0
Robo_#1 Gallery 0
mingernick Gallery 5
Roy POTM Archives 10