Photo Of The Month Chat

It was Gez, I've text MikeH and he's happy enough to have an unofficial POTM up and running as he's currently busy (working on some other cunning ideas and great discount track days I've no doubt :wink: :smiley:).

I'm thinking we could go for a July/August competition just for fun. With a theme of "summer" (since its uncharacteristically HOT right now). I'll just wait to hear back from MikeH and then maybe we can get a post put up and sticky'd. :thumbsup:

Number 4 does it for me! Stunning stance and wheels.

Gutted I missed this months

There's always next month Gez :wink:. I might even get chance to enter for myself then lol! As always I'm stuck between two pictures and not sure what to pick!

**September Voting Now Open**

Gutted I missed this months too! Will deffo enter next months now I've successfully moved house.

I do think the theme should be emphasised a lot more though, especially when it comes to voting as it's not mentioned at all in the voting thread.

James

Good point James, I was just thinking the same thing myself. I always vote depending on how well I think people have met the theme, but only realised this morning I didn't mention it in the thread! I'll make sure to make it more prominent in the future.

**Winners for September now announced** congratulations to Colt3003 and Melvin1993!

The sheep painting this month is class!

ill get a pic in this weekend

Good man Gez. Yeah I thought it was a nice shot too. Apparently the entrant found it completely by chance while out on a drive. I suppose you never know when a POTM opportunity will show up. I know that pic 1 was also a similar scenario. Looking forward to going on the hunt for a location this weekend myself :smile:

This months POTM competition is now LIVE people!

Sorry for the delay in getting this running, I got called out the country last minute with work. I'm back now, and hopefully the later timing should suit us well. this way we get a competition up and running between now and December, when we can look at maybe running an extended "festive" theme over December and in to the New Year!

Get snapping and keep the entries coming through to me :smile:

Rob

Hopefully not Mark. I know the first thing that comes to mind is motion blur, so you'll need a camera with (at least) a timer preference setting, and I almost discounted the theme because of that. But then I got thinking about it, and there's plenty of ways to express speed without a fancy camera, you just have to get inventive.

How about some wet weather rooster tails, or just some mud splashes dragged down the side of the car...

Interested to see what people come up with :smile:

Quick question Rob, With it being 'Speed' is it still the same rule being that 'Ourselves' have to take the photo and it can't be a friend or anything? due to the fact that if we take the photo the car wont be moving so theres no exactly a huge amount of speed involved? Thanks

Quick question Rob, With it being 'Speed' is it still the same rule being that 'Ourselves' have to take the photo and it can't be a friend or anything? due to the fact that if we take the photo the car wont be moving so theres no exactly a huge amount of speed involved? Thanks

Was going to ask this very question

Was going to ask this very question

Good question. I can't really open up the competition to photos not taken by you, as that kind of defeats the point (and also opens up the possibility for people to have pro photographer friends do all the work, or use pictures from photo shoots).

But I will accept if the car isn't yours (so long as its a Clio or Renaultsport). The car doesn't have to be moving though to keep in the rules, as long as you feel like there is an element or representation of 'speed' in the pic. :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jasonlovesfrench Clio General Chat 3
Robo_#1 Gallery 0
Robo_#1 Gallery 0
mingernick Gallery 5
Roy POTM Archives 10