peoples opinions

coatesess

Paid Member
I currently have a nimbus f1 edition and want to chamge the looks slightly.

whats peoples opinions on black wheels and mirrors?? or any other colour or keep it all original

heres a pic of the car anyway

e3c735dd.gif

Thanks

Matt

Keep anth wheels but I like black mirrors
Mine is nimbus and want mine black

not sure if the mirrors will look right just black on their own, i did it on my old car and it didnt look right until i painted the wheels black

Matt

I've got plans for mine Matt and it involves a lot of orange but I've got to wait till I got the wife her own car(early nxt year) hopefully
Black wheels still look good on nimbus so if you like go for it at the end of the day it's what you like that counts

Get RS splitter and skirts, will look totally different mate!! One of the best touches I've done on mine!

Defo black wheels. I wouldnt do the mirrors tho because there doesnt look enough black on the car.

5445945218_0498ffbd34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Much prefer the Anthracite wheels with silver, you could then do the grills, end caps and rear diffuser in anthracite that would look cool i think.

Black wheels look good on white, red, LY, AG & black body colours of course

keep the alloys anthracite, but get your mirrors sprayed anthracite as well. Cup back does look great on the nimbus, friend of mine just got the front splitter fitted, looks so much better than standard.

Anthracite wheels and mirror caps.
Will match decals.
I like to keep colours to a minimum.

If you get black alloys you have to keep the tyres black too, otherwise you end up looking odd. It would turn into a right pain.

Think I'm going to go for the anthracite mirrors :smile: thanks for the advice guys, and I know about black wheels as I had them on my fiesta st and had to do the tires all the time

Thanks for all the positive comments :smile:

Matt

I'd keep the wheels anthracite tbh they look rude on that nimbus colour. Think you should adjust the ride a little though :wink: hahaha

gloss black is for bosses! do it jee! would look good with the mirror caps imo =]

(some people scared of change on here, do it your way)

Haha, I saw you with your lady in the car on Sunday heading towards the Arena!
I was trying to work out what exhaust you have on... it was inconclusive. :001_rolleyes:
I wasn't in the 197, was in the Cooper as my lady was driving us to Lee Evens.

I would definitely keep the Anthracite wheels, it looked really well.
I did think it needed dropping a bit though... :thumbup:

black on silver/grey always looks good.

I would consider door rubbing strips black gloss, wheels black gloss, mirrors etc.