Whats peoples thoughts on Mintex 1144 pads?

I've heard good things but surely you still have 1000s of miles left on the ones you have.

Waste of money if they don't need doing.

I've heard good things but surely you still have 1000s of miles left on the ones you have.

Waste of money if they don't need doing.

Agree, its not asif the standard ones are crap, or that you have it on the track every other week :smile:

Personally id wait until they are shot then uprate them if your not happy with standard items.

I've been using them for the last year or so.

Have done multiple Ring laps and a few days on Brands as well as 15,000+ road miles. Absolutely brilliant. Had them in my Hi-Spec 4 pots on my old Saxo as well and have never had any issues.

Create alot less brake dust than standard pads also.

I've been using them for the last year or so.

Have done multiple Ring laps and a few days on Brands as well as 15,000+ road miles. Absolutely brilliant. Had them in my Hi-Spec 4 pots on my old Saxo as well and have never had any issues.

Create alot less brake dust than standard pads also.

Totally agree, going to upgrade to these soon, my friend has them in his with standard brembo calipers and disks on the Megane 230, very good indeed.

1144's and DS2500 have been rated for donkeys years now. Pretty much on a par as well it would seem. I always loved thr DS2500s I had in my old valver and they took plenty of abuse on track and road and lasted well.

I think DS2500 are meant to be a fair bit better than the M1144. However M1144 should be a nice upgrade from standard

I think DS2500 are meant to be a fair bit better than the M1144. However M1144 should be a nice upgrade from standard

The price would suggest so.

My friend with the Megane 230 (running 270 :wink:) replaced his "standard" pads for 1144's only to find what he was actually using were ds2500's he didnt realise the previous owner had fitted.

To sum it up he gets on alot better with 1144's as was the reason for wanting to change in the first place.

Personally, with this in mind it seems like some people get on better with different pads to others. I will be getting some 1144's soon.

Never used 1144's myself but a friend of mine has them on a Focus ST and he's killed them in less than a year with a weekly drive out and one track day on top of his commuting. He doesn't drive a like a d!ck either. Saying that, the ST is considerably heavier than the Clio.

Personally, I think the standard setup is bloody good. A lot of non-Clio people would happily pay into the hundreds to have it on their cars.

Never used 1144's myself but a friend of mine has them on a Focus ST and he's killed them in less than a year with a weekly drive out and one track day on top of his commuting. He doesn't drive a like a d!ck either. Saying that, the ST is considerably heavier than the Clio.

Personally, I think the standard setup is bloody good. A lot of non-Clio people would happily pay into the hundreds to have it on their cars.

the 197/200 set up is great as long as you maintain it - the pads seize in the calipers and the rears can also get full of crud...

Last edited:
the 197/200 set is great as long as you maintain it - the pads seize in the calipers and the rears can also get full of crud...

^^ Exactly that! I've gone oem (except for the hoses & fluid) and it's more than ample for road use! Both the inner pads had seized due to lack of brake maintenance from Renault at service times.

Yeah, a yearly clean up is a must!!! It took an hour to get my pads out of the caliper in January (original pads, no Copperslip). :worried:

I'm using Miller Oils Race Fluid (DOT 4+) and it's brilliant. I've got a set of HEL Hoses to go on here too when she's next in the garage.

Nice to see you on here Fred! Can I ask what you'd recommend for fast road? I have carbon lorraine RC5 at the moment and love them but am suffering from pad deposits which is a bit annoying