Pav's Albi Blue 197T

[MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] It's too interesting to fall asleep! I've had it for a couple of weeks now and I'm getting fidgety haha.. Ooh fair enough, I'm up near bury and I've seen a few every now and then.

yeah..bury not far...how long have u got ur warranty for?bet u can start with some interior tweaks for now..wont affect ur warranty at all..i know what u mean though...when i bought mine,i didnt really know anything about these cars..the upgrades came later but didnt take long :biggrin:
are in touch with any of those guys u've seen??

It finishes at the end of 2016 I think.. I really wouldn't know where to start on the interior tbh. And I've only recently joined here so I still don't know anyone! Haha

have u got any pics of ur pride??would like to see it...
u can start with the interior strips,gear knob,carpets,led bulbs etc...

Last edited:
I've only got a couple but I'm on the iPad ATM so can't upload them/don't know how to.. I've looked at the bulbs and I really struggled getting them out of the housing and didn't want to break anything, how do they come out?

used today's decent weather to decontaminate,wash,polish and wax the paintwork..used a Farecla G3 body prep clay mitt (well recommend this guys)..binned my clay bar now..so easy to use..no need for a detailer spray...and u can use it all over again..
even used a blue T-cut polish compound on my bumper (full of stone chips)..worked a treat!!and finished it off wit a Meguiar's sealant..
the wheels needed waxing too so the poor boys wheel sealant went on...
thats what happens when u r off for a week...:whatever:

18022015829.jpg
18022015830.jpg
18022015833.jpg
18022015838.jpg
18022015843.jpg
18022015844.jpg
18022015846.jpg
18022015850.jpg
18022015851.jpg
18022015852.jpg

I've only got a couple but I'm on the iPad ATM so can't upload them/don't know how to.. I've looked at the bulbs and I really struggled getting them out of the housing and didn't want to break anything, how do they come out?
do u mean interior lights?if so then u have to pull them out..they will..im positive..did my all around....

Yeh, I've just been out and I was being a wimp:innocent: I'll stop spamming your progress thread now.. Thanks for the pointers and can't wait for the future updates

right..so just came back from my mechanic..had it up on the ramp to put new lower ball joints on...we had a god chat and decided not to to it...everything is absolutely spot on and there is no play on either side..so im leaving it..having my alternator belt changed tmr though..
here is a question: while we were underneath the car i mentioned him that while driving i can hear an occasional knock from the back..after a little inspection we discovered that the rear shockers are different...is that something i should look into maybe...??
i couldnt believe what a great condition the chassis was in..everything so tight...
while in the garage an unexpected clio friend turned up :clap:

19022015853.jpg
19022015854-1.jpg

here we go again..since i had my k-tec cat back fitted i've been experiencing a knock from the back of the car..as usual its getting on my nerves :nope:....its great when its just me or one passenger in it but as soon as i have a 3rd person on board it starts doing my head in again..thought it was the silencers touching my difuser so got some washers to be fitted..i aimed to make a gap between them two parts a bit larger..job well one "i thought" but sadly it didnt work..
went shopping today and took my mate with me..just 2 of us in the car + our shopping..still does it when carrying weight..
i know it has something to do with my exhaust but cant,for the love of god,work out what it is exactly..
any suggestions welcome.
thanks

Assume exhaust clamps are tight?

Or perhaps the washers were enough when its just you in the car, but with the added weight still not far enough away?

Mine rattles like **** when its really hot against the 200 exhaust funnels.

In your case i'd double check its hanging straight, I had an extra hanger thing made on the Y split like the akrapovic system has and doesn't budge now.

the clamps are fine...the thing is I never needed washers when it was just me in..only did it to prevent it from rattling when carrying weight..still nothing..haha the funny thing is that i cant even put it up on the ramp as i need the car to be on its wheels to find out what it may be...
thanks

Last edited:
its not hanging straight..thats true..it the way its been welded in place...looks like im asking mr holmes to come and solve this :lol:

hi guys..its been a while since i could spend some spare cash on my car..after having a conversation with @Chris91 i decided to go for a Sprint Booster..installed it today and took the car for a short spin..the pedal response is much better and will benefit from this on track for sure..the green setting is fine just to cruise around town whereas the red option is a bit mad tbh...think i had a wheel spin while pulling off..
overall impression- im happy with it..time will show how beneficial this purchase has been..

12032015858.jpg
12032015857.jpg
12032015855.jpg

thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Spen123
thanks Chris..good service from [MENTION=9615]Tree200[/MENTION]..the revs are going up much easier..feels quite strong now..just a little thing but it works...:thumbup1:

Nice job [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION]! Good to see your treating yourself to some mods. [emoji4] use to have one on my 197, improves the car a lot doesn't it. Need one on the 200.

Can I ask who you ordered it from? Also how did you mount it to the blanking cover , Is it just wedged in or have you stuck it down somehow?

Cheers.

thanks Luke..well it wasnt that expensive since i got it from a member on here who was selling a few items..as i said above-only had a 5 mins drive around a block so cant comment on it as much YET..the car feels stronger and more nimble though..
haha used a good old sale tape to keep it in place..

I am very tempted by one of these Pav, you will have to report back what you think once you've given it a proper go :smile: