Our Intake

Just remember this filter housing was designed to take a certain filter element that Renault were using on several engine sizes, and needed to be within a housing that would fit in a cramped engine bay

So is it that good??????

Or am I just being cynical, hmmmm v6 air filter anyone

Interesting topic guys.

But I didn't find an answer to the question of you can remove the sound valve?

I'm in contact with a tuner, that has a custom made airbox for the clio 200.

Think I'm going to try that one.

You can remove the Trumpet, but you MUST keep the vacuum pipe connected from the Inlet or you'll get warning lights. :wink:

Mike, does the Meg' use the same standard airbox as the 197/200? I think one of the diesel units use it...

No, it's a different filter again, the common upgrade/change on the megs is the v6 espace box, but, alas, it was made by the same company that made the ph1 172 box. It's not too complicated to find a suitable size filter element no mateer whether it's cylindrical, spherical or a flat panel, the problem is the filter housing, as per what we get on the current Renault road cars, you couldn't hide a wet fart under the bonnets of either a Clio or a megane these days....

I've got an Espace V6 Airbox in my shed gathering dust if you want it or know anybody that might?

It's not the cylindrical one, it's the larger one that takes the rectangular filter. Got it to experiment with on Nicole. :smiley:

There's ALWAYS space, just get rid of the non-important stuff, like the battery. :wink:

I'll have a rummage tomorrow and send you a photo to make sure it's the right one. :smile:

There's ALWAYS space, just get rid of the non-important stuff, like the battery. :wink:

I'll have a rummage tomorrow and send you a photo to make sure it's the right one. :smile:

Hmm I was thinking more along the lines of binning a passenger

So just spent the mornin readin this thread again and as anyone as off yet fitted a cold air feed to the trumpet yet?? If so wat did you use? Silcone hose or cold air feed hose dat you would get with 57i kits...

Thanks,

i used a 1m pipercross cold air feed kit. jublieed clipped to the trumpet, behind the headlight to the bottom grill. also disconnected and blocked the vacuum pipe to the valve to keep the the valve open.

not much difference on the rollers power was more or less the same, on the road again it may of been minimal to really tell, when i later disconnected the vacuum pipe to stop the valve working i notice slightly more induction, with my other mods and now the 64mm throttle body they mabe all tieing in to one another. now it feels fast.

Has anyone take out '3' and the pipe running to it (the air resonator) and covered up the hole on the stock intake??

I took off '5' (the soundproofing unit) and blocked the vacuum hose and there's a nice increase in intake noise.

Just wondering if getting rid of '3' too will add more noise?

I love induction noise...

Has anyone take out '3' and the pipe running to it (the air resonator) and covered up the hole on the stock intake??

I took off '5' (the soundproofing unit) and blocked the vacuum hose and there's a nice increase in intake noise.

Just wondering if getting rid of '3' too will add more noise?

I love induction noise...

Isn't this harmful?

The best way to get cool air in the engine bay is to get the hot air out.

A bonnet scoop gets cool air in but having louvres punched in the bonnet that actually face the other way work much better. The outside air rushing over the louvres suck an enormous amount of hot air out.

I'm always amazed at how hot it gets under the hood.

Something like this will look good on the Clio
http://www.rotaryart.uk.com/acatalog/info_xtremeBR_RX7bonnet.html

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 137
  • images-(1).jpg
    images-(1).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 141
  • images-(2).jpg
    images-(2).jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 132