Optimus Primer....

It's gonna be wrapped gloss black when done to match all the other bits on the car....or carbon, but they might look too tacky for my liking :/

Just thought i'd give this a little update, since fitting the Actuator I've had optimus back on the rollers and he's back running 270bhp....Also hit the 150mph mark with another gear to go while on the rollers.

Contemplating going for bigger injectors too as I think that will be the route to smoother power along with a hybrid turbo!

So a little update, Optimus has decided he doesn't like his gearbox anymore :worried:
synchro's are crunching so decided to take the oil out and inspect..... Swarf infested gear oil! So I'm now after a new/second hand box and a reliable gearbox builder so I can have a fresh box and my quaife diff inspected and swapped over if anybody has any recommendations??

That's a shame :worried: proper pain in the ass for you.

What box were you on? Clio or Meg box?

Have a look on here http://www.renault-spares.co.uk/gearboxes-487-c.asp its a breakers yard. I just had major gearbox problems and needed a new one, it arrived with a TINY bit of oxidisation on the outside of rim of the bell housing (means Renault couldn't sell them) but nothing that effects performance. Ive had my TL4 024 in for a few thousand miles and still sweet, saved myself and arm and a leg as well.

So a little update, Optimus has decided he doesn't like his gearbox anymore :worried:
synchro's are crunching so decided to take the oil out and inspect..... Swarf infested gear oil! So I'm now after a new/second hand box and a reliable gearbox builder so I can have a fresh box and my quaife diff inspected and swapped over if anybody has any recommendations??

I have a gearbox at sc autos with a clutch. Done 1000 miles. Ste can also look at your quaife as he did mine.

Meg box

wont be clutch or flywheel as I recently had a sports clutch a lightend flywheel done :smile: But I'll buzz steve tomorrow and see how much to take a look at my box and sort the diff. I've also had an awesome forum member PM about a spare box that he has. I might be sorted sooner than first thought due to the helpful members of this site :smiley:

I would imagine fixing the Box would be more cost effective than replacing it in your case?

Mark-1873 has PM'd me about a spare box he has :smile:

it will be take it out and see what's going on and decide I believe Rogue

Don't think the synchros are that expensive to replace. Just labour consuming on the whole job.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
leeboy Clios For Sale 8
leeboy Gallery 23
leeboy Gallery 18
clio200cup eBay Finds 0
GrumpyTwig Spotted 0