Optimus Primer....

It was amazing on the slicks.... The diff does wonders too! I don't understand the bad press people are giving the NS2R either as I ran it in the afternoon and they were super! I'll load a video up of an onboard running them, I wasn't hanging around and performed faultlessly!!

So last night I finally managed to get some pictures of the other SG meg'd 200 together! 1 and 2 of two built [emoji16]

ba5688331e67807c82430373a9b79611.jpg
ca425e9ca202252c8d6b644a648b8aa0.jpg
d3739cdb5d1c63289d7dbd05a9e30f92.jpg

Went to the performance French car show yesterday, was in the Renault UK stand that was outside. Had an awesome day and somehow managed to win best modified car....which meant a free track session at Brands hatch!
970a44e9cffe3d51fb7cfda94115ed13.jpg
181e03c51f48503763ec1a52daba7cdb.jpg
41c08f56721015259fc170be8a2ac2a1.jpg

Thanks Chris... I'm in no rush to sell it and I honestly am in two minds with what to do as the only reason i would sell is that the money would be used to get onto the property ladder. There's no other car out there that interests me as much as this for at least double the value of this car.

I know that I love this car too much to sell it, but one day or another life will have to get real and I'll have to see it.... The misses has already agreed to a RS6 once I do the family man thing "house,married,kids..." F@£k!! Lol

Following on from the above post - today was the day that Optimus left my ownership [emoji24][emoji22]
I am now without a car, but I have put down a deposit on new car - it's not a Renault but is a form of RS and I'll still keep active on here as its been such a great forum to be part of!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, I'm the new owner of Lee's car. I previously owned a 182 as a track car and having done a ton of upgrades to it I decided to take the plunge on something quicker and more focused.

It seemed a shame to let this thread die out so I'll update it with what happens next to Optimus. My current plans are to drive it as it is because it's a very complete package already. About the only thing I can think of would be to look into possibly fitting a set of coilovers and getting it properly corner weighted but that is probably a long way down the line. I'm off to Silverstone with it on the 30th so I'll see how I feel after that as it's the real test.

So far all I've done is get it an MoT, which it flew through without any advisories, and I've taken the Forge sticker off as it wasn't really to my taste and it also gives the game away as to what's under the bonnet. I know it's never going to be a subtle car, but I like the fact that from the outside it looks pretty similar to a stock 200 :smile:

It has just chucked an ABS sensor fault at me, so my mechanic will be sorting that out soon but other than that it's been plain sailing so far.

Lee, thanks for selling it to me and hopefully you approve of what's coming next.

Cheers,
John

Are you the guy who is friends with matt Sharpe who has the red supercharged civic type r?your mate has a Megan 250?
I'm friends with matt.im the guy who built matts civic.

Hi bren, not me sorry.

It still shines up pretty damn well, even if I can't take a decent photo to save my life :smile:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160110_150828623_iOS.jpg
    20160110_150828623_iOS.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 347
So, did Silverstone on the 30th and the car absolutely did not disappoint. The biggest step forward from my 182 was just how adjustable the 200 is on the throttle and if anything it gives even more feedback, but it still had the "chuckability" and fun factor of the 182 so I was really pleased with that.

The day itself was very disappointing, there were way too many cars on track at any one time and there were also far too many wannabe (and actual) racing drivers trying to barge their way through under braking and through the corners. I was pretty slow to start with as I was concious that I had no ABS or other driver aid systems because I couldn't get the ABS sensor fixed before the day, so I wanted to feel my way into the limits of the car.

Problem was I couldn't do that and couldn't work on improving my lines because every time I focused on the corner properly there would be some arse in a Radical, a Clio racer or similar plonking their car right up my chuff and looking like they were going to chuck it up the inside or outside through the corner. It's not like I didn't let people through on the straights either, I was perfectly happy to let anything and everything past because I knew I was relatively slow, but there was no patience at all out there. I chatted to a fair few people and everyone I spoke to who was in a road car felt the same. Shame. :worried:

The few decent laps I got were right at the end of the day when most people were packing up to go, but at least I did get a few.

The 200 is definitely not quite 100% at the moment though, I think the throttle body is sticking as I got a couple of fault codes thrown from it so hopefully a good clean will sort that out.

I'm going to put some better tyres on too, the Nankangs are very good for what they are but they're the harder compound of the two which are available so not that much grippier than a really good road tyre.

All in all though I'm still really, really pleased with the 200.

Sorry for the slow response, it was Circuit Days. I've talked to a few people since and it seems their days tend to be that way especially just before the start of the race season - fair enough, horses for courses :smile:

I've had the throttle body cleaned out now so hopefully that's the end of that problem, but the new ABS sensor hasn't fixed the ABS fault so looks like it's wiring or ECU. Damn......

Quick update:

ABS issue was heat damage to the wiring, the ABS loom was a bit too close to the turbo so over time it had got damaged until the coating failed. My mechanic re-wired the cable with a longer run and routed it out of the way so that can never happen again.

I did a TD at Combe yesterday and it couldn't have been more different to the last one, had a great time and the car was faultless. It's now running on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's which I'd definitely recommend, they were superb.

I'm even more pleased with the car now than I was before, if that's possible :smiley:

... It's now running on Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's which I'd definitely recommend, they were superb.

i'm running the cup 2's as well (size 215/45 17). it's the first high performance tyre i'm using, so can't compare them with other tyres.
which tyres did you run before the cup 2's?

Sorry for the slow reply. I've run AD08R, R888 and the street compound NS2-R and I'd say the PSC2's are right up there with the 888's if not better. Really consistent, very grippy and they seem to last well too.

I've just poured a load of money into the car, only maintenance sadly, full service and the belts/water pump.

Hoping to be out on track again later this month, funds permitting. So I probably won't be :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
leeboy Clios For Sale 8
leeboy Gallery 23
leeboy Gallery 18
clio200cup eBay Finds 0
GrumpyTwig Spotted 0