Optimus Hatches...

leeboy

Paid Member
After owning Optimus for around 5 months now, I finally managed to find the time to get him to where he is happiest....the track! I'll let the pics and video do the talking
imagejpg1_zps02b703ef.jpg
imagejpg2_zps9c90b11f.jpg
imagejpg3_zps9a335422.jpg
imagejpg4_zps8e07d914.jpg
imagejpg8_zps48f55e46.jpg
imagejpg6_zps0fb1c40a.jpg

They worked really well, had quite a few people come and ask about them, although the outer edges look untouched and the centres had been chewed big style! I dropped the pressures down as the first session the went off pretty quick, but once that was sorted they were ace for the money! Lots of feel with them....but I think I know why they are named Syrons.....squeal like a pig!!

[MENTION=2901]Ashton[/MENTION] that guy asked if I'd sell the car to him as he has been looking for a 200 as he's fed up of throwing money at his M3 and not going any faster...I have his mobile number, but I won't be letting this car go any time soon!
[MENTION=2996]nutnutwelshman[/MENTION] cheers Kev, all seems to be good at the moment, had the ball joints done last week before the trackday and it's come back in one piece so I'm over the moon.

Yeah 270bhp and 335lbft from the printout I got when I bought the car....but that was ktec's rollers....so 195bhp? Lol

Am on tappatalk Ashton, can't see diddly.

Sounds nice that. Have to meet up with you when I get mine back, I'm only an hour from brands.

Am on tappatalk Ashton, can't see diddly.

Sounds nice that. Have to meet up with you when I get mine back, I'm only an hour from brands.

What sort of spec have you gone for on your build [MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION] ? Meet sounds good to me, brands is only 45 minutes away :smile:

250 engine, quaife diff meg box, hybrid turbo.

We'll rag it round brands and show up more m3's :smiley:

I would hate to drive one of these without a diff...mine was spinning the wheels in fourth coming out of clear ways lol. Sounds like a epic build you have! Need to get mine on a dyno and see what the figures are as I got stuck behind a 182 and didn't have the legs to power past on the straights but was all over him on the bends....unless his was turbo'd too??

Those 182's can be pretty nippy, especially if they are stripped as well.

I've heard some dodgy things about the ktec rollers, so may want to get a second opinion lol

It was stripped and caged, I had the legs at the end of the straight but seemed to loose out on the midway, which seems like the turbo comes in too far up the rev range.

It was stripped and caged, I had the legs at the end of the straight but seemed to loose out on the midway, which seems like the turbo comes in too far up the rev range.

those stripped out 1*2's weigh next to nothing so not surprised at its pace to be fair.

Similar Thread Suggestions