Ollie's GW 200 Project

Great car and a good read mate, i have spax coilovers on mine, how come you've gone for custom rear springs?

Thanks for the kind words mate.

As it's not going to see track action (I'm almost certain) after seeing many Mk3's on coilovers, the rear drop never seems enough for me! So the customs should get it sitting pretty much bang on IMO!

Thanks for the kind words mate.

As it's not going to see track action (I'm almost certain) after seeing many Mk3's on coilovers, the rear drop never seems enough for me! So the customs should get it sitting pretty much bang on IMO!

No worries.

Ahh that would make sense then mine is fully down on the rear and gets driven very hard, bloody good coilovers to be honest. Saying that cup racers are lower than mine and they look perfect that low!

No worries.

Ahh that would make sense then mine is fully down on the rear and gets driven very hard, bloody good coilovers to be honest. Saying that cup racers are lower than mine and they look perfect that low!

Fancy sending me some pics? Intrigued to see how nice they sit!

can't believe you didn't go for the B14's even after my thoroughly amazing recommendation :tongueout: don't come moaning when you find the spax's too crashy :wink: Looks amazing, and i'll be investing in some of that carbon collective stuff too, I made the mistake of never sealing my alloys properly and now they're ruined :worried:

can't believe you didn't go for the B14's even after my thoroughly amazing recommendation :tongueout: don't come moaning when you find the spax's too crashy :wink: Looks amazing, and i'll be investing in some of that carbon collective stuff too, I made the mistake of never sealing my alloys properly and now they're ruined :worried:

Haha, I decided against them as I've been in a car with Spax and I didn't think it was too bad! Really liked the idea of adjustable dampening too! But yeah, can't grumble at the carbon collective range! I suppose you get what you pay for!

Who buys spax ? :/

there re is a reason why the rear is kept higher and doesn't sit on its ass.
Oh right..

e348998b88d12fe7b312a76c7aba33a4.jpg

Last edited:
always loved the look of the cup cars, but f*ck driving that every day, especially on UK roads! Also makes me want to colour my tyre writing too, which i'm pretty sure makes me a stone cold homosexual. Oh well.
As I said in your other thread, mine is low (not cup racer low though) and I was actually pleasantly surprised just how good the handling still was, even when properly pushing on. Sure it's a bit bouncy at times on uneven surfaces, but I would never drive at speeds where I could properly exploit it anyway, so it's all good. And i still have a decent rake too, so I wouldn't be too concerned. And anyway, the benefit of coilovers is that if you decide it's too low or the handling is poorer you can always raise it a little.

Last edited:
always loved the look of the cup cars, but f*ck driving that every day, especially on UK roads! Also makes me want to colour my tyre writing too, which i'm pretty sure makes me a stone cold homosexual. Oh well.
As I said in your other thread, mine is low (not cup racer low though) and I was actually pleasantly surprised just how good the handling still was, even when properly pushing on. Sure it's a bit bouncy at times on uneven surfaces, but I would never drive at speeds where I could properly exploit it anyway, so it's all good. And i still have a decent rake too, so I wouldn't be too concerned. And anyway, the benefit of coilovers is that if you decide it's too low or the handling is poorer you can always raise it a little.

This is how I feel too. I don't track the car, I rarely drive the car to its full potential (people are probably going to think why do I own it) so I'm happy to go as low as I want to a certain extent! I enjoy doing shows so as long as I'm happy with the looks and how it drives.. Who cares? Totally agree with you on the coilover statement mate.

Reading the whole thread I had a little idea; how about having the "oz racing" writing on the wheels done red, same as the calipers. Think it would look great. The blue clio on pg3 has it done and it looks good.

Haha, I decided against them as I've been in a car with Spax and I didn't think it was too bad! Really liked the idea of adjustable dampening too! But yeah, can't grumble at the carbon collective range! I suppose you get what you pay for!

Oh right..

e348998b88d12fe7b312a76c7aba33a4.jpg

there are reasons why the cup racers have the rear so low such as running slicks. if your just using fast road tyres it is more beneficial to have the rake that these cars come with. (only from my past experience i found it better to run with rake but the front and rear still does need to be lowered to increase the handling over standard, just not too much to remove the rake

there are reasons why the cup racers have the rear so low such as running slicks. if your just using fast road tyres it is more beneficial to have the rake that these cars come with. (only from my past experience i found it better to run with rake but the front and rear still does need to be lowered to increase the handling over standard, just not too much to remove the rake

You'll never be able to remove the rake of any Clio without going dangerous anyway. Not sure where the thought of me removing any kind of rake came from to be fair!

ead12018cedd6b9a485a63c496642308.jpg

Same springs, with rake.

problem was through iirc he went through splitters and front arch liners every few montrhs or so lol

That setup is not road friendly, it may look cool standing still but thats about it. The first sign of a speed bump or any change in surface would shy away that Clio. LOL