Ollie's GW 200 Project

So finally have got my hands on some rear custom springs to match height with the Spax coilovers when they arrive. Should be sitting similar to this GW 197. Some of you may recognise this off the website - unfortunately he died in May 2014! Such a shock..

c5e5ec3bbc171829b5f7e23ac7ca2f64.jpg

I'm now on spax coilovers and they are running well, bit clonky though, think im gonna go for some BBS but not sure, wanna do something a bit different. Yeah Gareth is **** hot with his photography now. sorry im a bit late replying.

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] That white one is one of my all-time favourite clios. You think you'll keep the Oz's or change to speedlines, or is it just the stance you're going for?

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] That white one is one of my all-time favourite clios. You think you'll keep the Oz's or change to speedlines, or is it just the stance you're going for?

It's gorgeous isn't it! Such a shame he died. & I'll be keeping the OZ's for now and space them to suit - sort of wish I kept the Speedlines at times though.

Those bonnet clips a few pages back, any pictures with those mounting points inside? Looks a tease man :wink:

Excuse the lighting mate, haven't got much play or room with them either!

f599fd56bdee64924429d75a64182b7b.jpg
8d9958f1a1551300cdd627c5a77538de.jpg

I'm now on spax coilovers and they are running well, bit clonky though, think im gonna go for some BBS but not sure, wanna do something a bit different. Yeah Gareth is **** hot with his photography now. sorry im a bit late replying.

How are they in general? My mate said he had a clunking noise & after replacing roughly £200's worth of parts, he found out it catching on the strut or something. I'm still going to get them though!

Personally I'd go for the Bilstein B14's. I did and can't praise them enough. And they're similar in price at £697 from kam racing. I'm running mine quite low and the ride is actually quite decent, no crashing at all, I'd say better than standard cup suspension. And they're better quality than spax.

Personally I'd go for the Bilstein B14's. I did and can't praise them enough. And they're similar in price at £697 from kam racing. I'm running mine quite low and the ride is actually quite decent, no crashing at all, I'd say better than standard cup suspension. And they're better quality than spax.

How low can they go? You got any pics of your current ride height! So much variety out there I'm spoilt for choice. Not too worried about ride as I know the read customs will be bouncy af!

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] pics in my progress thread mate. Could probably go another 10mm or so but I'd rather not be replacing driveshafts every 3 months!

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] pics in my progress thread mate. Could probably go another 10mm or so but I'd rather not be replacing driveshafts every 3 months!

Pics do look good! Sits really nice mate, you've now put a spanner in the works...

So finally have got my hands on some rear custom springs to match height with the Spax coilovers when they arrive. Should be sitting similar to this GW 197. Some of you may recognise this off the website - unfortunately he died in May 2014! Such a shock..

c5e5ec3bbc171829b5f7e23ac7ca2f64.jpg

Ah, [MENTION=3488]mini_dh[/MENTION] car. Local lad to hear, such a tragic accident that he was caught up in :worried:. Great looking car he had too.

nice car you got though [MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] - I've seen plenty of it on Instagram lol.

Yeah the spax 977's run okay, I'm thinking of airing or hydro's if I keep the car anyway as soon as I can afford either :') They do clonk and squeak, but the ride is okay. I run mine quite low and I'm going lower at the weekend anyway, just need to find some wheels and do some little bits to get the car ready for Belgium in April!!

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] I also put new top mounts on as I though they were the issue and had the car over the MOT pit at work to see if anything obvious was causing the issue, but I couldn't see anything so probably an issue with the shock.

Yeah the spax 977's run okay, I'm thinking of airing or hydro's if I keep the car anyway as soon as I can afford either :') They do clonk and squeak, but the ride is okay. I run mine quite low and I'm going lower at the weekend anyway, just need to find some wheels and do some little bits to get the car ready for Belgium in April!!

Yeah, atleast it's a common problem. Kam with the White 197 on here had it too I'm sure! You should hyrdo it I think! Hasn't been done yet and would be very interesting to see haha. Are you going heaven on wheels in Belgium?

Ah, [MENTION=3488]mini_dh[/MENTION] car. Local lad to hear, such a tragic accident that he was caught up in :worried:. Great looking car he had too.

nice car you got though [MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] - I've seen plenty of it on Instagram lol.

Little Instagram whore me! But yeah, I was very shocked when I stumbled across a RIP comment!

[MENTION=51826]G8RSH[/MENTION] I'm heading over to Wothersee as a big group and getting a villa for the week, I think heaven on wheels is on at the same time so possibly going there too. Yeah my coilovers are Kam's old ones I replaced the damaged shock and put them on a month or so ago. Yeah hydro's would be pretty cool a couple of mate's are on hydro's, Gareth with the MK2 clio and my mate Joe has a red fiesta MK6 on them aswell that's a wicked little car. Just not sure whether to keep the car and keep doing bits or get something new. I suppose everyone gets in that predicament thought.. I miss my old clio
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0562.jpg
    IMAG0562.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 332
@G8RSH I'm heading over to Wothersee as a big group and getting a villa for the week, I think heaven on wheels is on at the same time so possibly going there too. Yeah my coilovers are Kam's old ones I replaced the damaged shock and put them on a month or so ago. Yeah hydro's would be pretty cool a couple of mate's are on hydro's, Gareth with the MK2 clio and my mate Joe has a red fiesta MK6 on them aswell that's a wicked little car. Just not sure whether to keep the car and keep doing bits or get something new. I suppose everyone gets in that predicament thought.. I miss my old clio

That sounds mint mate! I was thinking of heading over with afew lads too, not 100% sure yet as not everyone is fully up for it. Ah fair play, i'm really stuck on which ones to get now haha.. Have you seen Sam's aired 197? More people seem to go for air these days, just nice to see the odd hydo'd one like Gareths! Are they centre locks on your old car? Looks good!

igyqdc.jpg

Yeah mate you could always head up with us, there's about 9 at the moment from "the other guys" group that are definate. Yeah I've seen that it's nice! are there any aired 200's about that you know of? nah they are just the centre caps made to look like it, love them wheels, they are 4x100 17" if you know anyone that's interested in them? I'm not even put them up for sale yet!