Nicole.R - 01.02.2014 *SOLD*...

I think we all know I'm going to give in and do it. :smiley:

Just need to decide Shrick 288 or Catcams 403? And, of course where to have it done...

I think we all know I'm going to give in and do it. :smiley:

Just need to decide Shrick 288 or Catcams 403? And, of course where to have it done...

Depends if you want smooth (Catcams) or rough (Schrick) idle?

But then the Schricks "should" give you a bigger increase :bounce:

don't know where to have my throttle body worked on got one laying around lol

I have a number for the man who can mate, I'll be giving him a ring tomorrow so I'll see if he'll do it cheaper if we get two to him but he already does them at a cracking price to be fair. Have a think of how much larger you want to go (if that's what it is you're after) and I'll give you a shout once I've spoken to him. :wink:

I have a number for the man who can mate, I'll be giving him a ring tomorrow so I'll see if he'll do it cheaper if we get two to him but he already does them at a cracking price to be fair. Have a think of how much larger you want to go (if that's what it is you're after) and I'll give you a shout once I've spoken to him. :wink:

haven't thought about how much bigger really lol. what you having done? Yeah give me a shout as want it doing :smile:

Depends if you want smooth (Catcams) or rough (Schrick) idle?

But then the Schricks "should" give you a bigger increase :bounce:

Well I don't want her idlig at 1,500RPM or hunting too much that's for sure. But, I don't mind a bit of an off-idle, it sounds nice. :thumbup:

I don't think there's much between the 403s and the Shrick 288s from what I've read, need to do look into it a little more. The main difference is the Catcams are ~£300 cheaper and easier to get hold of, that's money that can go towards more goodies. Colombo & Bariani now also produce a set for the 197/200 and they're usually very very very good and sit slap between between the 403s and Shrick 288s... Potentially the best of both worlds? Price is near as makes no difference the same as Catcams too. I might get these just to be different. :smiley:

haven't thought about how much bigger really lol. what you having done? Yeah give me a shout as want it doing :smile:

Just a bit of enlargement. I was thinking 62mm as Litchy has gone with 64mm, would be good to compare the two. For the record, ETCC/S2000 spec' cars run 64mm according to Jenvey. The thing is, I can always go 62mm and then have it re-bored to 64mm at a later date but then I'd be paying twice for the same service.

I've been doing a lot of reading on Ford and Honda forums, particularly about the Duratec 2.0 and K20A engines as they're similar to the F4R. Enlarging the TB seems to be quite popular with those engines and they both seem to react well to it. Particularly the K20A, which can see gains of upto 10BHP apparently...

What size do they go to?

if s2000 regs run 64mm there shouldn't be an issue with it id hope. Id probably go 64mm then :smile: i doubt 10bhp but even 2bhp would be good with something as simple as this.

Yeah, 10BHP does seem very ''optimistic'' shall we say. But, you know what these VTEC engines are like. :smiley:

I'm not sure on the maximum diameter to be honest, it's probably a case of it'll go as big as the thickness on the wall allows. Personally I think 64mm would be ample, maybe even more than needed really. It's a bit of an unknown quantity on the 197/200 at the moment. There's a calculator somehwere online that, typically, I can't find now, that figures out the volume increase as you increase the diameter. I do rememebr though that a 4mm increase in diameter makes quite a big difference to the internal volume of the TB according to that.

Yeah, 10BHP does seem very ''optimistic'' shall we say. But, you know what these VTEC engines are like. :smiley:

I'm not sure on the maximum diameter to be honest, it's probably a case of it'll go as big as the thickness on the wall allows. Personally I think 64mm would be ample, maybe even more than needed really. It's a bit of an unknown quantity on the 197/200 at the moment. There's a calculator somehwere online that, typically, I can't find now, that figures out the volume increase as you increase the diameter. I do rememebr though that a 4mm increase in diameter makes quite a big difference to the internal volume of the TB according to that.

Yeah good old VTEC!!! :bounce:

Well Litchy had 64mm and he did say it was good so I'd probably go with that seems I also have matched inlets and the maxogen I doubt airflow can get much better once the throttle bodies on :thumbup:

If you give me a message with the price I'll be up for it!! Just looked at a S2000 throttle body to buy new.... over £300! :thumbdown:

What you talking about Willis...Thats my special contact lol!!!!! He's a top bloke and done loads of TB's on Vauxhalls. He's really interested in the clios and would welcome more work. Really nice job and would be good if people have different sizes cause we'd be able to compare and contrast. Gav is really patient with my million questions. I have some issues with a fault with the TB which as been resolved but definately felt more torque lower down and the NOISE with the V6 airbox!!!!!!!!

The clio....lots of small things make a big difference. maybe with CAMs might see 220ish bhp? That would be one motherf***er Clio....

Last edited:
Hahaha you're going to start charging me for phone numbers aren't you!?! Can't wait to hear the noise, she sounds mean as it is. I'm really intrigued to see if there's any difference between 62mm and 64mm so I really don't know what to do. Might stick to the original idea and go with 62mm, Richy you go 63mm and we'll have the full set!!! :smiley:

11 March 2012;

I've just noticed how long it's been since Nicole had an update!!! :worried:

Well she's had no new parts lately as I've been trying to save for ''The Big One'' in May, but due to losing ~£700 at work in the last fortnight I'm a bit behind with that so she might just have to wait an extra month or so. But anyway, things haven't stopped completely. As per the last update, I have a 60mm TB sat here waiting to go down to Gav with NINE others now to be bored out to 64mm. So, they're being sent off on 16 March 2012.

I'm hoping to pick up a set of Inlets to have matched before ''The Big One'' too. Sourcing them and having them matched isn't a problem, again it's a money thing. I need to do a bit more reading though first because it seems that Renaultsport did not create all Inlets equal. Some people have reported ~3BHP gains after matching, but others have reported no or little gains from doing this. It's hard to justfiy ~£250 for something that might not give me anything. Or £250 that could go towards something better. I think the easiest thing to do might be to whip off my Inlets and just check them out before I decide what to do. To be continued...

Ah, ''The Big One''. This is of course the Cambelt Service which is due in May. I had planned to drop some ARP Rod Bolts and a set of Shrick or CatCams in and have a Remap done at the same time. Sort of makes sense to have it all done in one hit. But, I've cooled on the idea of the Cams. And with being on the fence from the outset about Cams, I just think that because I'm not 100% sure, I'm going to leave it. We should still see a bit of a jump on the old RR graph from when she was standard with what she's got on her now, I don't have a target, but anything over 193.5BHP (ITG Panel, August 2010, Dyno Dynamics) will be very nice.

So, the amended plans for the remainder of this year;

Remap
64mm TB
ARP Rod Bolts
Cambelt Service

Beyond that I have more I'd like to do, Nicole is going nowhere and no doubt my plans will evolve over time. But I'd like to do the whole R26.R thing. So, if you know of an ''Oulton Cage'' knocking about or you have one you want to shift then give me a shout...

Last edited:
Nice one mate! Need to do a progress thread for mine soon!!! Just getting time is a pain for me lol you should get cams! I'm going that route in january I've decided would do it before but I've got other plans and things to do

.....and would be good if people have different sizes cause we'd be able to compare and.....

Done, I already requested a larger one from Will, can't remember how large now so hopefully Will can remember, if not I'll go through my sent box

Nice one mate! Need to do a progress thread for mine soon!!! Just getting time is a pain for me lol you should get cams! I'm going that route in january I've decided would do it before but I've got other plans and things to do

I am tempted, but I'm going to put the money into tracktime and towards some other goodies. :wink:

Done, I already requested a larger one from Will, can't remember how large now so hopefully Will can remember, if not I'll go through my sent box

Yours will be 66mm!!! :smiley:

Nice thread Will.. i think the arp bolts are a good bet..allows peace of mind when revving the nutts off it 8)

Nice thread Will.. i think the arp bolts are a good bet..allows peace of mind when revving the nutts off it 8)

Cheers Daz!!! :smile: Oh definately, and at ~£80 it seems daft not to really especially if you're into trackdays etc..

Similar Thread Suggestions