Hi guys, Not yet a 197 owner (And/or a Clio owner), but I am looking at a 07plate, 1.6vvt 16valve stunner in black. I'll be serious, I am 18, soon to be 19 and cannot afford the insurance on a 197, and I love the looks of the 197/200 and thought, why not do the next best thing.

Okay, so onto the next thing, I am not usually into the whole dress something up to be something its not thing. But I thought, bumper front and rear, exhaust to match, green cotton panel filter, and a remap will see a increase to the 111french ponies already under there, and could outrun a chav in a VTR with ease..

I currently drive a Seat Ibiza 1.4, and loved it, but now I have fell out of love with it a little, and saw a clio on autotrader and fell in love. Then the next day driving to work I saw a 197 parked up and thought, 'Oommfftt'!!

So, to wrap up a oversized welcome post, I just thought I'd get to know a few forum members on here, maybe get a bit of information about said mods, and eventually I can have a car I smile at when queing up to pay at a petrol station..

Cheers guys, and please do get back to me.
Regards
Jordan
:thumbup:

Welcome chap, I entered the thread fully expecting to see some pics of a Jordan and :worried: none!

Watch out for Gouldy with the VTR comment :wink:

Wow, thanks for the welcome messages guys.. Is there any other non-RS's on here? I have had a little scout around, but found nothing. It would be great to hear from someone that has the same Idea as myself.
Thanks again chaps!!! Mucho appreciated :smile:

:welcome: to the site

LOL @ the Chav in a vtr :wink:

The S is soooo much better than the R, that's why I had one :smile::smile::smile:

I hope you get everything sorted that you want dude :smile:

Hey Mike.. Is there anyone on the forums with a non-rs clio that you know of.. I feel a little intimidated by everyone in Fast cars.. And I havent even got the clio yet lol!!

Welcome mate !!
Im a newbie to (not yet a clio owner) hopfully picking up my R27 this week sometime, I had thought about building a rep but thought against it as the cost would out way buying the real deal surly, after building car and insuring all mods etc. ??
Good Luck with the build neways matey !!

Thanks Greg! The insurance is the only upside, I could go and buy a 197, but the insurance would be ridiculous.. I will have a play around on go compare and the likes and see what happens..

Good luck with the R27 mate, will be nice to see some pics?

Hopfully gettin the car on friday so after the drive back depending on the weather I will post up some pics then :thumbup:

Must admit insurance is a killer as im only 19 myself but after having a 1.0 Corsa C since I passed its about time I stepped up my game!!

Welcome Jordan!
Certainly a lot of knowledge and info for you to absorb on here.
With the clio thing, i'd say be patient, save your money and wait til the insurance is affordable. As any money you spend on a 1.6 clio will be money you won't have to buy a 197. Thats my opinion anyway, i'm 22 and waited til i was 21 to get my 200 and certainly no regrets...its worth the wait promise!

:welcome:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4