Newbie with new project...ouch!!!!

D day is wednesday....!!!! Cars finished but rear wheels need painting, key cards need reprogramming and tracker fitted.

try usin the card in the slot 4 abit. Sounds like the battery needs recharging.

theres suppose to be two batteries in a card. The one you see is replaceable which controls central locking/alarm buttons etc. The second you cant see which charges off the slot which is keyless part. Lot of people with cars not starting with it in there pocket because they never used the slot. As soon as they started using the slot again it started 2 work again. Hopes this helps.

theres suppose to be two batteries in a card. The one you see is replaceable which controls central locking/alarm buttons etc. The second you cant see which charges off the slot which is keyless part. Lot of people with cars not starting with it in there pocket because they never used the slot. As soon as they started using the slot again it started 2 work again. Hopes this helps.

I never knew that! I never have the card in my slot, and one of the cards doesnt seem as sensitive as the other when unlocking the door - possibly why then :poke:

some people dispute it, but ive always used the slot and never had any problems apart from central locking but changed the battery and worked fine after that.

I didnt know there was two batteries? How does it charge the second battery as theres no connections on the key? Not meaning to be an arse just not sure how its right?

induction supposely, someone put up a pic of the inside of one and there was a second battery built into the circuit board.

That is fantastic, great to see someone putting in the time and effort in to restore one of these as they are a limited edition! Most people would just shy away from a project like that! Top work fella! :thumbup:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
K New Members 15