New Wheels & Rubber! (Cup Racer Rims)

fmp

Platinum Member
Hey all, a few quick pics of my new wheels and tyres on my 200.

Bought 2 sets of Cup Racer rims some time ago. 1 set is shod with 888's for track work, and the other set I bought to use on the road. As being 0.5 inch wider than standard cup rims, they look a little beefier.

The Cup Racer wheels only come in white (unless you order 24 of them!), so in keeping with the car, I sent them to be sprayed black.

The wonderful craftsmanship of Spray Shack was put into use and they were sprayed gloss black, with some small 'speedline' detailing.

002-vi.jpg
4-vi.jpg

Tyre wise, I decided to go with something a little different from the standard Conti's. So decided on a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's. These are fitted to the Ring record holding Megane 265 Trophy.

004-vi.jpg
001-vi.jpg

Then finally fitted to my car:

028-vi.jpg
029-vi.jpg
030-vi.jpg
031-vi.jpg

Once the car is lowered later this year, they should look even better!

:thumbup:

Very nice. Did you go for the normal 215/45/17 or did you go 225?

I assume you'll have some nice stretch if you went for the 215?

215 looking at the pictures :smile:

look great can't wait to get mine fitted but decided to go for white :smile:

like the speedline detail too :smile:

yeah, stuck with the 215's. So a touch of stretch.

Will possibly go wider next time.

yeah, stuck with the 215's. So a touch of stretch.

Will possibly go wider next time.

I'm also considering wider next time for my Ultraleggeras. 215 R888s sit fine (No stretch) but Contis look stretched on the 8j.

Looking good!!! Did you get them new or from one of the race teams? How much if you don't mind me asking?

and i did hear that the slightest of knocks and they get buckled ?

Well I have no idea what the magnesium content of them is but they aren't proper mag wheels, more a partial blend. I weighed one of mine and it came to 10.4kg I think. I'm sceptical about them being too soft for road use, I used mine on the road for a while and they were fine. I'm sure they can buckle but you'd need to wack something hard like any wheel.

When you look at OZ and TeamDynamic wheels that are anywhere from 6.85-8 kg the weight adds up, which is why I sold mine. They do lok damned nice though :smile: