New 200 turbo driven.

If you watch this kinda boring video about the new-generation diesel engine that Renault is producing, it's the same reason why the Clio RS has a 1.6 instead of a 2.0: :coffee:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afBPWhxbwbw[/YOUTUBE]

That and:
-It costs less money for Renault to take an engine off the shelf that meets current emissions legislation rather than develop an new 2.0 engine.
-A 1.6 turbo has a smaller swept volume and less friction than a 2.0 engine, as well as being lighter, means it will always be more efficient than a 2.0 and reduces the running costs for the consumer.

Unfortunately, cars like the 197/200 are a dying breed! :'(

as for the arguments over a 2.0 to a 1.6 turbo....there was/is plenty of technology out there to make the 2.0 a viable alternative if they wanted to...

Saw the new clio last night

Went and saw the new clio last night at one of those vip evenings. Im still not sure on it. I think the rear looks a tad like a astra. One thing i do like is its not as wide as the mk3 but with a wider track. There is so many little bits i think are tacky. But the interior is a nice place but the inside of the doors are like so plasticy. Not one bit of fabric on them at all. Its one of them cars that will grow on you over time. But the big issue still tho no 3dr. In the mean time my 10yr old 172 will do me just fine

Think they could possibly grow on you. I never used to like the aesthetics of the current 200, but they do grow on you!

I'm going to be bold as to say i quite like it :wink:

You know it makes sense noddie :wink:, I quite like the new Clio but seems like Renault don't want it to be as much as a hardcore hatch, most likely to shift more of them