New 200 turbo driven.

bit faceless :poke:

It's my facebook pic

207638_1033665094186_9224_n.jpg

:rofl:

If I wanted to have a KIA C'eed, I would buy one...

Shame on Renault, IMHO that's pure crap, and the 1,6l PSA Motor isn't worth a penny...

Oli

what psa motor? the clio uses the new juke/nissan 1.6 dig-t engine...

as regards its looks the jury is still out for me...might be better after wednesday after i see one :poke:

Oli, the PSA is the Pugeot/Citroen lump that's proved to be a decent lump in several cars...

And like Foxspeed says, this will be using the Nissan Dig-T as a base anyway.

...when are these being released into the UK? They look better than I thought they we going to and I might well end up buying one! Is all that launch control and stuff going to be standard? Not sure about the instrument panel though!

Something just does not seem right to me.. Plus the launch control seems.. a little useless? I'll test drive one.. but the 197/200 still looks best to me so far.. Quite disappointed as when I first seen the 197 pictures released years ago I knew I'd love one. This I'm not so sure about sadly :worried:

Launch control seems the most pointless thing to have! Considering it s likey that a german diesel saloon would be able to beat it in a drag off the line. Plus who ever does full launches in their car anyway, is an easy way to just look like a complete tosser!

As a daily driver the new one will most likely be better, but then if you want the best daily then surely something like the Polo gti would be better. The whole point of renault sport is that the cars are fun and engaging - how is a 1.6 turbo lump with a flappy paddle box going to be engaging especially when the noise is coming through the speakers. All wrong IMO - i hope its good for renaults sake but the ingredients arent looking promising.

I'm sure the car will be very capeable but it looks huge and I also think that the driver will feel more detached from the driving.

If I want to drive up the motorway or pottle around town then my 197 can be a pain but when the mood takes me, I can have more fun in it than most other hot hatches and speed has nothing to do with it. You feel one with the car. How is all the electrics and lack of 'real' engine sound going to improve that?

People are saying that it's due to emissions that the new Clio will be a turbo. If that is so, how come the Toyota GT86 can get away with having a 2.0L NA engine producing 197bhp?

That video seems to be aimed at chavs, launch control...... models attracted to you powersliding your FWD clio..... yea right!!!