My LY 200

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by petercronin, Jul 23, 2018.

1. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

Car:
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    This afternoons been spent doing a little maintenance, brake change on the front and a little clean and check in and around the front arches along with re-protecting the coilovers with more ACF50. Its not something I’m particularly bothered about as long as they’re working as they should but I was a bit disappointed at how bad the damper bodies have got it such a short space of time and fairly few miles, especially considering they’ve been protected with ACF50 in the past.
    0c730f2670ec3ec84cd5cc58f1ea53ee.jpg

lewishunter98 likes this.

2. Jamesgrant

Jamesgrant

Car:
    Rs200
    Very nice project :sunglasses:

3. lewishunter98

lewishunter98 Paid Member

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    How do you find them drop links mate?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

4. petercronin

petercronin Paid Member

Car:
    LY FF Clio 200 with Cup Pack
    Had them quite a while now when I first fitted them (and set them up correctly) I had it on H&R springs which were as we all know very bouncy. Taking the pre load off the anti roll bar seemed to settle it down a bit. These also seemed to make turn in sharper, I can remember at first I was having to turn out of corners a little as the car turned more than expected. How much of this was down to replacing old drop links with these new ones I don’t know but I’m happy with them.

lewishunter98 likes this.
  5. lewishunter98

lewishunter98 Paid Member

Car:
    Racing Blue Clio 197
    Okay cool! I'm trying to decide whether it's worth doing or not. It makes sense to have shorter if you've lowered the ride height I guess!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk