My LY 200

Have you got 60 rear 40 front? I've got 80/80 on mine, too stiff for me on the road. Might look at changing the springs out. Would be good to find out how you find this spring set up.

Last edited:
Have you got 60 rear 40 front? I've got 80/80 on mine, too stiff for me on the road. Might look at changing the springs out. Would be good to find out how you find this spring set up.

60 front 40 rear. They’re perfect for road use, gives plenty of compliance over big bumps but is still very well controlled. I haven’t tired playing with the damper settings yet they’re all in the middle but it’s perfectly comfortable and handles very well. I’d guess I could have went a bit firmer with the springs than what I have but I’m more than happy with the on road ability rather than compromise on that for a few track days.

Drop Cooksport an email, Simon will help you out and suggest rates to go with the valving. The valving in yours should be matched for the 80 springs but I’d guess you could drop them a bit without needing new valving. I’ve got to say he’s been amazingly helpful with all the questions I had before and after ordering. I really couldn’t recommend dealing with Cooksport more.

60 front 40 rear. They’re perfect for road use, gives plenty of compliance over big bumps but is still very well controlled. I haven’t tired playing with the damper settings yet they’re all in the middle but it’s perfectly comfortable and handles very well. I’d guess I could have went a bit firmer with the springs than what I have but I’m more than happy with the on road ability rather than compromise on that for a few track days.

Drop Cooksport an email, Simon will help you out and suggest rates to go with the valving. The valving in yours should be matched for the 80 springs but I’d guess you could drop them a bit without needing new valving. I’ve got to say he’s been amazingly helpful with all the questions I had before and after ordering. I really couldn’t recommend dealing with Cooksport more.

Yeah I'll give them a shout when I'm home from work. Would've thought the stiffer was at the rear as that's the normal way to go. Yeah I dealt with Simon when I first bought them and he was really good. Hopefully still have a good choice of springs with the valving

Probably the most eventful day I’ve done to say the least.

I’ve got two sets of wheels, one with AD08’s on and another with PS4’s. Usually I’d have the AD08’s on apart from through the winter. I do keep considering a proper semi-slick just for track but then I like the AD08’s way more than the PS4’s even on the road. I think the mrs would flip if I bought a third set of wheels just for semi-slicks.

Interested on your thoughts on this - I have Ps4 on at the moment I thought they were great on the track but very soft. Lumps were coming out after 5 laps at Donnington

How are the Yoko's better? Overall grip? longevity?

Interested on your thoughts on this - I have Ps4 on at the moment I thought they were great on the track but very soft. Lumps were coming out after 5 laps at Donnington

How are the Yoko's better? Overall grip? longevity?

They’re definitely better than the PS4 for both grip and longevity on track. Problem now though is the new version the AD08RS seems to get pretty poor reviews. I’ve not tried them myself but most people seem to think it’s a much harder compound that’s hard to get heat into. I’m not sure what I’ll get next, possibly Cup2 to use as my all round summer and track tyre.

Reactions: geordie
Well the car is fully back together for the first time since March and I’m well impressed with the AST’s definitely a big step up on b14’s. They cope so well with bumps, you can tell you’ve hit them but the car isn’t disturbed as much as it was with b14s. Raised the fronts a bit too as it was too low. Need to get alignment and corner weighting booked.
ebef0d74685fa0262d8f886775514dda.jpg

Also for those that are interested we now have powerflex bushes available for the rear dampers. I spoke with them and after a bit of measurement sending they realised the Clio mk2 bushes are the same as the mk3. So if anyone wants new rear bushes without buying a whole new damper, buy a mk2 bush. Only slight issue (but I don’t know if this was specific to the AST coilovers) is there isn’t enough thread engaged into the nylon part of top nut on the damper but some lower profile nyloc nuts will sort it.
51c3b2a353ab16d17c97a4369f01d92b.jpg

9c757588f7a0df5dda624f8ed680f4e8.jpg

e82dcc04c80bf44c37beed80cc02e7bb.jpg

And I’ve almost finished my little fabrication project. Rad support front section made out of box section ally with a few bolt holes and rivnuts for the undertray. Rear sections for holding the. Back of the engine undertray almost finished just need a bit of excess metal removed and some edges tidied up. Pretty simple job if you’ve got some basic tools. Here’s some pics if anyone fancies copying.
b87930be334db72f1ceb6039145c3d9d.jpg

d364549b06aca59869555c9a1f40cd88.jpg

a10ba6d691c7185987c3bf617427814d.jpg

4b7d0462f9b595c7a5eda6f4fc799c71.jpg

3c1a50b330f6dfa0fc0c71f681002453.jpg

fe20c38510a9bcd4fcf1a2816139008f.jpg
Just about to sort my rear shock bushes, going to get the MK2 ones like you have. I'll get some of the lower profile nuts just incase (currently on standard dampers). Don't suppose you know the correct nut needed off the top of your head?

Just about to sort my rear shock bushes, going to get the MK2 ones like you have. I'll get some of the lower profile nuts just incase (currently on standard dampers). Don't suppose you know the correct nut needed off the top of your head?

You don't need shorter nuts for OEM dampers, only for AST / some other aftermarket dampers might.
There's quite a lot of thread on the top mount on an OEM damper, so this will allow the extra thickness of the Powerflex items.

Reactions: Addison
You don't need shorter nuts for OEM dampers, only for AST / some other aftermarket dampers might.
There's quite a lot of thread on the top mount on an OEM damper, so this will allow the extra thickness of the Powerflex items.
That was a very fast reply haha. Cheers though mate, hopefully it'll perk the rear up a touch more!

That was a very fast reply haha. Cheers though mate, hopefully it'll perk the rear up a touch more!

IMG_20201127_085301.jpg

IMG_20201127_085256.jpg

I just put some onto B14 rear dampers and that was hand tightening (literally using my hands lol) up to the nyloc, then of course I couldn't any more, so with a spanner you could get more thread activation.

Sorry Peter going off topic.

Last edited: